m/t baja klaws - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2003, 06:53 PM
95krawler

m/t baja klaws

what do you guys think of the baja claws? how long do they last? i use my jeep as a daily driver, how much more aggressive are the baja claws vs the claw radials? any comparisons would be nice(m/t vs swampers ect) thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2003, 10:14 PM
RedSandDog

Re: m/t baja klaws

Claws are great desert tires, but pert near helpless in mud. Claws are hella' loud, I think louder the swampers. Radial claws less so.

I wouldn't choose any of those tire fro daily drivers (maybe radial claws), but that is just me, they wear out to fast, the are too loud and they don't perform well on the street.

I am not a huge fan of Swamper (for my own personal use, but my stuff isn't massively built), I run in the desert, on rocks. I have seen D 30s running 33 Swampers on rocks, and when you start to loose traction and they spin those big lugs come flying around and grab ahold, everything between that lug and the engine better be ready, cuz when swampers grab ahold they grab but good. The D30s I am thinking of weren't up to the task and objected with a "snap".

Of course in the mud it is a whole different story. Swampers, mud,good!

Depend on where you run. For me Wrangler MTRs are the ideal mix of street and trail. But like I say my stuff is pretty tame.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2003, 10:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

What size are you looking at getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 12:27 AM
95krawler

im thinking about upgrading the axles(just befier shafts) putting airlockers on and gettin 35s. i get them and all other mickeythompson tires and rims at cost so thats why i want them instead of anything else, personally im a bfg guy, but i think it would be a crime to turn down 5 35 in tires for less than 450, not sure how much less but it is less than 450 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 12:33 AM
RedSandDog

Where do you run?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 01:13 AM

First I want to say I've never run claws, so this is word of mouth from guys that have:

1. Claws don't do all that well in the mud. (this I can vouch for--I've seen em stuck, or having trouble in spots I went through with lower $ tires)
2. They seem to wear out quick. I think it is because they don't have all that much tread depth. 'Course I've also seen them mostly on poser street rigs that rarely see dirt, so they wear fast from all the burnouts! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Don't know if this helps, but I wouldn't buy a set for myself. I'd go swamper, MT/R or BFG M/T if I was thinking about spending that sorta money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode