YJ 1" body lift, what length bolts and thrd rate? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2003, 01:41 AM
Wildcard

YJ 1\" body lift, what length bolts and thrd rate?

Hey my first post. hopefully my profile will answer all of the basic questions i see other strangers getting. if not, let me know, i"ll gladly add on to it. i know bodylifts have been a hot subject with varying viewpoints, so first off, my reason for the 1". (RoadSalt) my jeep is out of New Mexico, and it breaks my hart to see the salt slowly eating my baby away. she was rust free when i bought her in 96. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] second, i have read enough posts both for and against to determine this is where i want to start, with no regrets. now for the technical. i have milled 1" blocks from aero space grade aluminum. the problem is, i have yet to buy a dealer service manual for my 94yj. i don't know what the stock length bolts and thrd size are. if someone has this info i can get what i need to complete my install. Thanks in advance to all, and looking forward to being involved, instead of just viewing. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: YJ 1\" body lift, what length bolts and thrd rate?

1. Terry, welcome to the forum.
2. Thanks for filling out your user profile.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate more often!
5. Two brains are always better'n one!
6. Northern Utah...I was married in Logan!
7. I LOVE Northern Utah (Heck, I love all of Utah),
8. OEM bolt size:[*]6 x 4-1/2"x1/2"[*]5 x 3-1/2"x7/16
9 Bolt Placement:[*]1 Centered under the grill [*]3 Under the door on each side[*]2 In front of the gas tank[*]2 At the extreme outside rear corners
10. Check the OEM Puck thickness...
11. They're not all the same..
12. New sizes will have to reflect the differences.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Wildcard

Re: YJ 1\" body lift, thanks leve

Thanks for the welcome leve. northern utah is a pretty great place. plenty of jeeping, boarding, snow & skate, and pretty much anything you want. Thanks for the bolt info, [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] geuss a service manual should move up on my list of things to do. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] next stop, the nut and bolt bin for some stainless grade 8 bolts. Thanks Leve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode