Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Model 20 rear...help.
1. Normally I'd agree,
2. The manual says to torque to 250 foot pounds,
3. And not back off to the nearest hole..
4. But, without the socket... the nut's likely not gonna move,
5. And if you can move it with a hammer and screwdriver,
6. You NEED to get that nut either [*]tighter [*]Or locked.
7. IMHO, you'll not be able to tighten it to spec,
8. But you can lock it.
9. Takin' it easy to get the socket and cotter pin,
10. Should do no damage.
11. I'd sure hate to be wrong about this one...
12. Tell me more!