Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: 81 CJ7 engine swap
1. Welcome to the forum.
2. Thanks for filling out your user profile.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate more often!
5. Two brains are always better'n one!
6. IMHO... your wife should have won the argument...
7. Are you sure you want to get on this upgrade path?[*] Engine.[*] Radiator.[*] Shroud.[*] Motor Mounts.[*] Transmission.[*] Adapters for Transfer Case.[*] Drive-shafts, front and rear.[*] Rear Axle and gearing.[*] Upgraded Brakes.[*] Fuel Pump.[*] Fuel lines.[*] Possible Gas tank.[*] Possible Body modifications to fit drive-train
8. And when done with the swap,
9. The low end torque that the 258 is famous for,
10. That has been shifted into a higher RPM band
11. IMHO... it's a high price to pay.