Rusty's 3" TJ Lift???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 02:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rusty\'s 3\" TJ Lift????

Here we go....Just got a 2000 TJ and wanna put moderate lift on it. IT MUST HAVE GOOD RIDE QUALITY! I've looked around at some reviews and it "appears" that the Rusty's 3" lift is the way to go, but I need some of yall's imput. I wanna run 32x11.50 but may go up to 33s later on (if I did I would probably do the 1" BL). I dont want to spend a ton of money on a lift and have to get a bunch of extra crap like drive shafts, SYE, and so on. This kit runs like $460. Help me out please. Thanx

PS Running 32x11.50s- 15x8s or 15x10s? [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 03:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rusty\'s 3\" TJ Lift????

If anyone has any advise on other better lifts (within reason-remember the $460 part of the other lift) feel free to enlighten me. Thanx again [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

A buddy of mine is running the 3" Rusty's on his TJ, with 1.5" Coil spacers too. Rides nice, Flexes great. I'd go coile spacer lift before Body Lift though. he also ran a T-case drop until we installed a SYE kit.

But i think Rusty's has a pretty good kit, and 3" with 32's would be a good combo with out having to do too much other stuff....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Mud in my Veins

You just *think* he's your buddy! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Wait till he starts bashing on our leaf springs...

From what I could tell, he has plenty of room for 33"s (maybe 35"s, but the D35 would chunk first)) and it flexes killer with the discos undone. Seems like he has 3" springs + the 1.75" spacers doesn't he? Anyways, he's a big proponent of Rusty's stuff.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have the rusty's 3" kit on mine. It rides well, and flexes good. One thing I would recomend is to scrap the tcase drop and get a motor mount spacer like the one goferit sells. I was having vibes with the lift until I did that. I seem to be an Isolated incident though as I have NEVER heard anyone else with this problem.

If you do use the t case drop, dont use the bolts that come with the kit as they are soft, hex key style heads and they strip out when you try to remove them.

Lastly I would go for the shock upgrade, I do not like the Hydraulic shocks that come with the kit, they make noise.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the input, I just had a question about something I read somewhere. I read that the rear track bar relocation bracket re-aligns the axle but because there isnt one for the front, it makes the front axle offset a little. Is this true? If it is, is it noticable?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It is not noticable, and does not cause tracking problems. But due to a tendency to have a really slight bump steer when hitting railroad tracks at 50mph I am concidering a adjustable front track bar and a lowering bracket. But if I would just slow down a bit I could save some money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode