Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Running 4.0 without cat or muffler?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but was curious if I could drive it without a cat or muffler on it?
[/ QUOTE ]1. Engines work best with a little back-pressure.
2. Without the back-pressure cold air can get up to the valves,
3. That has spelled disaster for the valves...
4. However I ain't got a clue how long it takes.
5. Me, I'd take the chance... and drive it to the muffler shop
6. As long as it ain't 50 miles away.
7. However, I'd straight pipe it to get it to the shop,
8. And avoid not having anything past the down-pipe.
9. BigUgyl, If I ever get to Denver... I'll take ya up on the Root-beer.