Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   YJ rear body corners (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/159671-yj-rear-body-corners.html)

countyboy 03-30-2003 08:36 PM

YJ rear body corners

Does anybody know where I could find replacement rear body corners for a YJ tub? Preferably a place that is willing to customize because I need the driver's side corner, but I don't want the fuel filler cutout since I am putting the tub on my CJ.

Thanks

LEVE 03-30-2003 09:01 PM

Re: YJ rear body corners

1. YJ and CJ tub corners should be the same.
2. Name your posion...[*]JCWhitney [*]4Wheel Drive Hardware [*]Quadratec [*]Leon Rosser [*]Classic Enterprises[*]Ridget Steel [*]Raybuck
3. They all have 'em.
4. Quality is about the same (IMHO) for this part...

flintstone 03-31-2003 12:30 PM

I used Warrior Products rear corners for a CJ-7 for my YJ tub swap. The corners cover YJ filler hole and tailgate holes, and have the filler hole on the passenger side. Quadratec has them.

TiminMb 03-31-2003 04:43 PM

So I guess that means you want to order a CJ left rear corner if you want one without the gas filler hole. You're talking about the oem type steel body part right?, not an aluminum cover plate?

I bought mine from Savanah Jones. They were pre-painted / primes black. I lightly sanded then sprayed them with black epoxy primer and black urethane top coat and they rusted out in only a couple of years. I'm baffled, other than to think what crap metal they were made of. Seems once rust started at a screw hole for the filler, it just raced underneath the primer coat like flesh eating disease then ate right thru the panel in holes. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Currently covered with aluminum cover ups. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

countyboy 03-31-2003 08:30 PM

Sorry I'm being anal about this, but is anybody certain that I can replace the rear corner on my YJ tub with the replacement corners for CJ's? I just want to be sure so I don't have to reorder parts and I can get my jeep on the road. I know that "body armor" type products will fit, but the replacement corners need to be welded on.

Thanks