Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Got it running now gas leak
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I noticed gas leaking from the vent tubes at the tank (can be seen looking in from the drivers rear wheel well) lots of gas!! arent these vapor lines going to the evap. can. Also noticed a BIG gulp of air when I removed the gas cap. After relesaing pressure in tank leak stops. Should there be gas in these lines?
[/ QUOTE ]1. There are several lines going into and out of the tank,
2. One to the fuel pump,
3. A return line,
4. Two vapor lines to the canister.
5. Where EXACTLY are you seening the leak?
a. From the Rollover vent tucked up in the drivers side rear wheelwell,
b. From the gas lines themselves?
c. From possible pinholes in the tank?
6. All hard gas lines terminate and flexible lines continue from above the tank to the tank inputs.
7. Also the hardlines cross over the front tank crossmember,
8. If the body mounts are bad,
9. The body comes down on the lines, crushing them.
10. For leaks check the:
a. Roll over valve,
b. The hard lines,
c. The flexible lines,
d. The tank's seam, where most pinholes occur.