D44 E break questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

D44 E break questions

I got word this weekend that all of my Brand new break parts are in for the D44 I am building. I got a really good deal, I am really happy. I am just about ready to put the axel back together (Locker and R&P are all thats left, and those are waiting for tax return)

But I have a few questions about the E break on a rear D44 from an 88 Grand Waggie.
First question. Will the Break cable "hook ups" from the D35 work. Or does this 44 have totally different ways of hooking up.
I hope they are the same because I have a brand new set of D35 YJ E break cables (still in the box) that I am hoping to use.

The next question I have is.. How much lift are the stock YJ D35 cables good for. There is a chance this axel will be SOA and sitting on 36's. Will the Ebreak cables work, or are they too short?

And my final question only applies if the above answers are both NO. What break cables do I need? Can some one tell me the correct break cables to ask the parts guy for.

Thanks for any input you can give me. This board is really helping me out with this project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: D44 E break questions

everything should work just fine.. i used my stock yj cables from a 91 with my soa...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Good Deal. That is what I was hoping to hear. The cables will be long enough.
Jeepgod. Did you use your YJ cables with a sprung over D44? Do the breaks hook to the E break cable the same in the D44 and the D35? Thanks for letting me know that the cables are long enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

not sure on the hook up.. i used them with a D60-2 from a 1973 jeep j-20... but they were plenty long enough.. and hooked right up to that axle.. never delt with a yj stock rear axle before so i can not say for sure.. but most of those rear axles are the same... unless you get into disk brakes.. most.. key word.. most drum brakes are set up the same..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode