Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: where does rear seat belt attach too?
1. May I make a suggestion?
2. The OEM belts would be held in by the OEM bolts that held the back of the seat to the floor.
3. That in mind,
4. Mount the seat on the floor,
5. Mark the center of the mounting holes on the floor
6. Drill a 1/16" hole down through the floor.
7. Remove the seat.
8. Cut a peice of 3/16"X3"X3' plate,
9. Locate it under the rear flooring, under where the rear of the seat would mount.
10. Mark through the holes in the flooring onto the plate.
11. Remove the plate.
12. Drill the marks on the plate to 3/8" holes.
13. Weld 3/8" nuts to the underside of the plate.
14. Remount the plate, using bolts throug the floor.
15. Drill 6 1/8" mounting holes through the plate and into (not through) the flooring.
16. Remove the plate, prep, prime, and paint the plate
17. Mount the plate to the underside of the flooring using pop rivets.
18. Repeat the above for the front mounts.
19. Now the seat can be easily removed,
21. The mounts are firm, and won't punch through in an accident.