A 4.3l chevy motor for my cj7 have ?????????HELP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

A 4.3l chevy motor for my cj7 have ?????????HELP

I know that we have talked about this a few weeks ago,but I have a chance to get a 1991 chevy blazer with a 4.3l TBI? for $250.00. The front end is shot,but the blazer runs real good. My brother started it up a few weeks ago after it had sat in real cold weather for a few weeks,he said it fired right up,and said that it does not burn any oil,so I know that the motor is in good shape. I did a search and found out that it should have 150 [email protected] 4000rpm's. is this right. How hard would it be to put in my jeep,I have a chevy 4cyl. in it from the factory,so it should bolt up ok. But what about the radiator,will it fit in my jeep? How hard will it be to hook up the wireing? Do I need a fuel pump in the gas tank to make the motor run,or can I put an external fuel pump on it? A guy I know just put a LT1 350 in his jeep and he had to change the wireing in the dash to make the lights work,would I need to do this? If any of you have a link to this swap I would love to see it. What would a 4x4 chevy blazer with rust and a junk front end,good t-case, and automatic,be worth with out the motor?Help!!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 07:29 AM
brendan

Re: A 4.3l chevy motor for my cj7 have ?????????HELP

You can buy an external pump at any auto parts store. Get one that puts out 13-15 PSI.

The fuel injection system on the truck basicly has its own harness that is fairly simply removed.

There is a lot of info on the internet about swapping the GM TBI system into other vehicles. Try a search for diyefi.org. A ton of info.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 09:41 AM
RedSandDog

Re: A 4.3l chevy motor for my cj7 have ?????????

Check this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Old Hand

I don't remember chevy 4 cyl. engines put in stock CJ's. I've got a 80 with a pontiac engine in it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 12:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you are right it is a pontiac "iron duke" but the bell housing is a chevrolet bolt patern so yes it will bolt right up. problem is it a weak tranny in this setup if my memory is correct you'll have an sr4 tranny. hardly could hold up to the 4 cyl much less the 4.3l.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 03:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

don't forget about the computer you will need this to make it all work. i'm not sure about this but i think you can get a wiring harness from painless wiring company to simplify things abit too.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

I am going to find a 350 V8 and hope my T5 holds on for a little while . Last fall I had a line on a 81 GMC 1/2 4x4 pickup that had a 350 and a 350 auto that a guy still has,he wanted $350.00 for the hole truck,I am going to offer $250.00 and see if he will take it. My brother has a ford 1/2 ton that has a low gear 4 speed(T18A)I think, that I might get to replace my T5. I think a dana 20 will bolt up to that transmisson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode