O/T Long time no see! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

O/T Long time no see!

Man it's been a while since I've been here. Just thought I'd drop in and let you all know I'm still alive and kick'n. I just havn't had any free time to get in here or even work on the Jeep latly and the withdrawls are setting in. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

This quarter at school has been the hardest so far and unfortunetly the teacher we have is not very good so it has taken lots of extra time on my own to keep my GPA up. It wouldn't be so bad except he is trying to teach us Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and ISA so it is no easy task to learn the stuff. Then the English II teacher loves to pile on the homework which inclued a buisness proposal and mine ended up being 37 pages long, the draft was due last week and I have 3 more weeks before the final. So as you can see I've been busy and I feel like [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] most of the time. I'll just be glad when June rolls along and I get that Assoc. Degree so I can get back into the easy life of working.

I'm pushing 40 so I'm no young buck anymore and its hard to keep up at times and all this has given me new respect for you young people out there who go to college plus hold a job, it is not easy. For you who havn't gone to college do it while your young so your done with it. I never thought I needed it to be a mechanic but I never counted on hurting my back either so do it now, even if you don't think you need it, you may need it someday in the future to fall back on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: O/T Long time no see!

1. Where are you attending?
2. I worked full time at 3M and
a. At 37, started back to school an finihsed a BS,
b. At 41, completed an MBA...
c. At 51, completed an MCSE-NT Admin - IIS course at KRS.
3. As for my job outlook.... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
4. Just last week I called back to two prospective employers to find:
5. A position has been reopened,
a. becasue the candidate couldn't pass the drug test and
b. the empolyer never looked at my cover letter detailing
c. 6yrs EMT medical experiance.
d. 1 year field / lab work with DICOM at the Mayo Cliic.
6. At another company the boss hiired
a. A friend of the family
b. After he graduated from HS and
c. Took "a couple of courses..."
7. A Third Company had a helpdesk positon, that:
a. They hire almost anyone who breaths...
b. Didn't even give me an interview,
c. Sent me a letter thanking me for sharing during an interview,
d. And that it was a pleasure to meet me.
f. I dropped the resume/application packet off at a reception desk...
g. and never spoke a word to any one.
8. Me, I've had ONE interview n 14 months...
9. I'm gettin' a little frustrated...
10. Good Luck on your Job search when Schools over...
11. Minnesota has a better Job outlook than Spokane...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to Brown College (formerly Brown Institute) in Mendota Heights and it's 60 miles one way for me. They just switched to a college and I was in the last class for the PC/LAN certificate program. I graduated from that in Sept. with a 3.84 GPA.

Then I decided to go right back for the Degree so now I'm in the INT program and this is only the second quarter for the teacher so he and the school are still trying to get their stuff together so it makes it a lot harder on us. It's been real hard to keep that GPA up. I get done in June in this one, I just hope it was worth going for the Degree.

The job outlook is starting to improve up here. I already have my A+ and Novell certifications but can't afford to take any of the MS ones.

The wife and I discussed it and decided it was best for me to just put all my effort in school and just do some odd jobs plus it would give my back time to recover. ( I have one of the worlds greatest wives!) I guess I'm fortunate not having to work I know I wouldn't have the GPA I do if I was working.

Here's a big pat on the back for working and going to school you deserve it!!! It wasn't easy I know thats why I said I wish I'd of done it when I was younger. Funny how with age your priorities get straightend out. I even had to get my GED before I could even start college. I always think gee, if I would have only applied myself when I was young I wouldn't be going through this now!! what a idiot I was ! [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Way Outta Control

1. I've a good friend by the name of Doug Rasmussen who's a recruiter for Brown..
2. Look him up and
a. say hello to him for me..
b. It never hurts to have an in with the staff!.
3. MCSE certificaiton can be a pricey,
4. And then you're on a Treadmill (or Microsoft revenue generator) till the end of time.
5. Man, I hate these "certifications" ... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
6. So how about a Pup update!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode