1. If you haven't visited "What is all ths Stuff?"
yet, then I'd advise it.
2. When you read it and digest it, you'll be forwarned whtat you're up against.
3. The way you get the BBD system to work is a mystery known to few,
4. And there's another question,
5. How long will it stay that way once you do get it fixed.
6. I spent over $400 chasing BBD problems when I first got my CJ.
7. Now that's within $100 of the MegaSquirt DYI Install.
8. When you read though the varied BBD related posts,
9. They most ALWAYS point to replacement,
10. Unless you have Emission issues,
11. I admit... it's still a mystery to me,
12. EFI was far easier to understand.
13. and with todays knowledge and parts,
14. Far less expensive to install and maintain,
15. But if you're intent on fixing that BBD,
16. The contact Brendan McGuirl
via PM or Email.
17. He seems to know what he's doing on the BBD,
18. As does Stilllearnign6
19. Both these guys know a whole lot more about the system than I do...
21. May I suggest:
22. Read, Re-read, Review and Re-read again BEFORE you touch anything,
23. Fix one item at a time and confirm it's fixed.
24. The BBD can run you ragged in no time.
25. As for me, I take my hat off to anyone brave enough to:
a. Delve in to the BBD system,
b. Make it work,
c. Understand it and
d. Maintain it.