Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: electrical problems
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i checked at the firewall and its not getting power to the outside of the jeep. all the fuses are good. where do i go from here?.
[/ QUOTE ]1. Let's work on one thing at a time, and
2. Get it working
3. Then move on to the next problem
4. Since the Side markers are the easiest to troubleshoot, let us start there.
5. The above quote doesn't tell me much, such as
6. Which side of the firewall did you check?
7. Engine Compartment, or
8. Taz's thought of splitting apart the fuse block is a good one.
a. The inside corrodes,
b. The rivets holding fuse connectors to the split connectors loosen.
c. Both can cause circuits to be lost.
d. Check all the connectors!
e. Make sure the contacts are brite, and tight,
f. When ready to re-assemble,
h. Fill the cavities with Dialectric Grease (spark plug boot grease).
i. This will prevent corrosion, in the future.
10. This should tell you if you've lost the voltage to the front markers at the ourside, or inside of the fuse block assembly.
11. Once we know that, we can go from there.