Join Date: Oct 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What else should I snag off a \'79 Waggie?
Just got a call from my dad. He's found a '79 Full Size Jeep "Station Wagon" (has to be a Waggie or a Cherokee, he wasn't sure) with a fairly fresh (rebuilt 4k ago) 360. The guy selling it wants $200 (body and tranny are trash, not sure about the T-case). I'm gonna jump on it. However, besides the engine, what else do I want to snag for my '74 CJ5. I did a search as I seem to remember a similar thread recently, but couldn't find it. So here are a couple of questions:
1. The front should be a Dana 44 with Discs, right? But at 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Is this worth a swap for my D30? I'm pretty mild off-road, so would it be better just to swap in the discs, or is that possible?
2. Is the power steering convertible to my CJ?
3. Could I steal the power brake booster for my '74?
4. I've also got the '63 Willys. Would the rear waggy AMC20 be a good choice for swaping out the Spicer 53?
5. Anything else I should think about?
Since I'm picking up a spare tranny and t-case next weekend for the CJ, I'm thinking that the T-15 and D20 out of my CJ are going in the Willys, and I'm gonna try to find a 258 for it....or maybe rebuild the 304 after I drop the 360 in the CJ. Though everything is pretty nebulous for the Willys at the moment. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.