Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Another Engine Mng. Sysyem ?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
[/ QUOTE ]1. I was looking a lot at that last week,
2. Trying to judge if I'd put it on a Jeep, or not...
3. I chose not for the following reasons:
a. It's highly propriatray
b. You've locked into another vendeor,
c. You can't fix it in the field.
d. You need to go back to the vendor for parts,
e. You don't learn as much as you do with the other DIY systems.
f. It's still not Turnkey, nor is it completly a DIY system.
g. IMHO, it's not good for the average Off-Road system.
4. As an example, I liken it to the difference between the:
a. TR TFI Igniton Update,
b. GM HEI Ignition Update,
c. MSD Igniton.
d. Jacobs Ignition.
5. I'd have to equate it to the Jacobs Ignition system...
a. A nice system..
b. But when it breaks,
c. It's replacement time...
6. And on a Jeep EVERYTHING eventually breaks...