want to buy a 50s cj 3b - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

want to buy a 50s cj 3b

ive been looking around for a cj for some time now and finally may have lucked out but want to know if any of you out there on the web have a 3b or another cj for sale but its good be a major project like bombed out old jeep so if any of you people from nj or the tristate have one post it up if you would btw im new to all this so if im getting over my head let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:35 AM
M38

Re: want to buy a 50s cj 3b

I have a 51 M38 the equivelent of the 3b I think.

I have turned every bolt on mine or should I say broke the head off and replaced every bolt.

seriously if you get an old one be perpared to start at one end and go to the other.

I 90% rebuilt mine in a year and while it has been gratifing it has been somewhat expensive and still have a few issues to deal with (waiting on warmer weather).

two things are nice about it though I have yet to see another in town and the money I've spent would just buy a newer jeep (mid to late 80's)in as good of shape.

one thing is they are very short I haven't figured out if thats good or bad?

clint
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Old Hand

I don't believe the M38 is a High hood like the 3B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Addict

Don't have one for sale but here is a great source of info and there were a few 3b's for sale on the forum board: http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/
I have a '62 3B that I love. I got it for $1200 as a solid running Jeep and have done nothing to it other than some newer tires and a rollcage. Love it to death. But I have a '77 CJ-7 that I am attempting to put back together and it's take 3 times longer than I first estimated. Just be prepared to do a lot of wrenching on an old Jeep. Good luck.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't seem to find it now, but came across one with the body off frame, Frame looked like it had been boxed and painted... Guy wanted like $500 to get it out of his garage. I was ready to buy it, but realized I must finish current project,

Anyhow. maybe you can search and find it. It was on POR board in the classifieds
http://www.pirate4x4.com/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I've seen a few lying around NC, mostly rust heaps. I mean that literally, there is nothing left of them. It's sad really. A man down the street has two of them, yes two. Appear to be fully restored to original, one green and one orange. I must say that the 3B is one of the most beautiful Jeeps ever made, I think.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Addict

Yeah, totally agree. Here's a pic of mine. Just wish I had the means to restore/rebuild it right now. Not enough time or money. It runs and drives great though and I love driving it around. Although at 6' 2" it's sometimes tough to see out the window. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1039553-Willys1.Sep02.jpg (51.6 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode