OT - I'm Young - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

OT - I\'m Young

Well its about noon and I'm in a smartass kinda mood so I figured I'd stick it to the old guys and start a young guys thread.

Although I'm certainly not the youngest guy on this BBS I sure am younger than most of the people who post. Its nice being at the good ole age of 20.
- I can drive slowly and people won't call me grandpa
- I can date 18 year old girls [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and not be looked at funny
- I can get into all the local night-time establishments
- Although I get carded, its a sign that I'm still lookin young
- I can grow a pony tail, or dye my hair, or shave it all off, and nobody would really look twice
- I can climb inside a garbage can and roll down a hill (although I wouldn't) and my friends would cheer me on instead of dialing 911
- I'm sure the list goes on but I want others to contribute

So now that everyone over 30 hates me, lets here what the younger croud has to say. Speak out fellow bretheren, let your voices be heard!

Ok, I'll step down now.

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 11:41 AM
dixieplowboy

Re: OT - I\'m Young

Ahhhh...but with age comes wisdom.....

And we're wise enough not to give a sh*t about pony-tails, hair dye, and rolling down hills in garbage cans....besides, if you roll down a hill anywhere around here, you'll eventually be run over by an old guy out wheelin'.... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..

I'm only 32....but you'll be here before you know it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Way Outta Control

Hummm.......... let me think about this a minute....
[*] I can drive slowly and people won't call me grandpa
1. Being a Granpa is GREAT... don't knock it till you try it![*]I can date 18 year old girls and not be looked at funny
2. Me too, but my wife'd kill me! [*]I can get into all the local night-time establishments
3. Me too, but hey, I've never been to one.. and don't care to go![*]Although I get carded, its a sign that I'm still lookin young
4. Carded? What's that? I'm revered for my wisdom... not my looks, I was still ugly when I was younger![*]I can grow a pony tail, or dye my hair, or shave it all off, and nobody would really look twice
5. Me too... see the last part of #5.[*]I can climb inside a garbage can and roll down a hill (although I wouldn't) and my friends would cheer me on instead of dialing 911
6. Me too, except my friends are smarter than yours... they'd talk me outta it, rather than visit me in the hospital or jail.
7. Here's a case of: Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 11:55 AM

At 19 years old..

I can say I was still in school when the soviet union fell.
I never had to watch "I love Lucy" or go to a drive in theatre.
I never had to walk 20 miles uphill both ways to school.
I've only ever put something in the mail about 6 times in my life.
I got to play Nintendo... while I was still under the age of 10.
I watched cartoons every satudray morning.. didn't have to go out and work on the farm.

But... I don't think 30 is "that" old... seems to me turning 19 is enough to have the "younger crowd" calling me "Older then the internet."

So what if I am.. I remeber days when I went outside and built tree forts and didn't just sit on this addict box.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 12:22 PM
BigUgly

To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Although I get carded, its a sign that I'm still lookin young

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna be 40 this summer and the first time I was carded I was 23 yrs old in the US NAVY. I was buying beer and Jack D. for friends when I was 16 yrs old!!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Now as for LEVE </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was still ugly when I was younger!

[/ QUOTE ] Don't be getting personal [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As for Infernozx: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I never had to watch "I love Lucy" or go to a drive in theatre.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you missed without a date at the Drive-in. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There are good and bad things about growing up today. The worst thing I had to worry about in school was smoking in the school and not in the designated smoking area outside. There were people that wanted to be teachers and not worry about wearing a bullet proof jacket. Well, that's my 2 cents. Later,

TheBigUgly [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] and no I don't need to be carded either!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 12:53 PM

I've often wondered at this phenomenon of growing older, but recently I notice more and more of "the change" emerging as I near my third decade on this earth.

- While flipping through the radio stations, I stop more and more often on the "Good times, great oldies" channels. Modern country music is sounding a little too rowdy for me. If my wife stops on a "new rock" channel, I cringe and denounce it as noise.

- I see nothing wrong with doing the bulk of my personal clothes shopping at Sam's Club.

- Haircuts are done at home with the same kind of clipper we use on the horse (and durnit if I don't do a swell job, too).

- Not only am I not in much of a hurry to get where I'm going anymore, but I try to make sure the people behind me decide they aren't, either.

- Doing taxes takes me a whole weekend instead of just a few hours after work.

- While taking classes here at Penn State this past summer, my first thought on the tawny co-eds in various states of half-dress was that if they were my daughters, I'd tell them to go home and put on something decent.

- Buicks start to look like pretty nice cars.

- I still marvel that mail order usually doesn't take 4-6 weeks for delivery.

- Frequently referring to things as "new-fangled."

- While camping this past summer in the tent, I actually caught myself commenting to my wife than an RV might be nice.

They say you're only as old as you feel... if so, where's my social security check?!?!?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Spike5421

Yeah I'm 20 also and there are a few things that make me wish that I was older. One of which are muscle cars, I wish that I was around and driving in that era! I wish that I could have experienced all kinds of things that my parents were able to enjoy. But I am having a great time with the resources I have and I still get to mess around with cars from the 60's and 70's, most are just plagued with rust. Oh well.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 03:00 PM
85Jeepny

I'm only 27 but I sure felt the change at 25!!!!

And I don't think I'll ever use age as an excuse to run around and do stupid things!

I just make sure it doesn't hurt or bug anyone else now!
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 03:24 PM
RedSandDog

Oh, I don't know, the whole muscle car thing wasn't that big a deal.

he he he he he he he he he he he he, yep that was fun.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 03:27 PM

Age is a state of mind....and if you don't mention the state of my mind, I'd be happy to overlook yours! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

At 30, I've been married for 10 years, with the same gal for 14. I put in 9 years with one company alone. I've got one daughter. I've been from the southern tip (the end of the road) to the northern coast of The Last Frontier. I pilot small aircraft. I play with a jeep that is only 2 years younger than I am. The music I grew up with is now on the "Classic" Rock station. Am I old or travelworn? Heck no! I don't figure my dad is old at 62. I just plan to be in better shape and better attitude when I'm his age! (actually he's in good shape, it's just hard to convince him of that sometimes!)

To some up my feelings on the whole age issue, here is a little story that was in my last Experimental Aviation Association newsletter:

"Little Billy and his Dad were down at the airport watching planes take-off and land. Little Billy looks up to his Dad and says 'Dad, when I grow up I want to be a pilot.' His Dad looks down at him and says, 'Son, you can't do both.'"

[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode