HELP!!! Carter BBD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP!!! Carter BBD

The carter bbd on my 90 wrangler is running too rich. The haynes manual that I have doesn't tell me how to lean the mixture. Does anyone here know? The jeep runs good when driving, and revs all the way to 4k no problem, so I don't think it needs a nutter conversion. It's so rich that my brother was wheeling with it today, and when I was riding behind him on my 400ex, It was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. Nothing like a Cummins Turbo Diesel blows, mind you, but it blows enough to drag the fuel economy down to 8-9 mpg [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] country/city/offroad driving. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:02 PM

Re: HELP!!! Carter BBD

I have a 84 CJ 7 so I am not sure about wrangler, but idle mixture screw(s) is located at the botom of the carburator, facing radiator. There might be a (plastic?) cover on the screw head(s) that needs to come off. Turn the screw(s) all the way in (do not force the screw !). Then turn the screw(s) out 3/4 to 1 3/4 turns. This should be about normal setting. Once you started messing with mixture your idle may need to be (re)adjusted.
Look at the following links it might shed some light on. Also search the archive, I think topic was tossed around few times
Clicky 1
Clicky 2
Clicky 3
HTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode