A little more progress - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

A little more progress

As of this morning:

Got most of my boxes and parts out of the back (just gotta find someplace to put the moving blankets and the windshield frame for the CJ-7), built some wheel dollies, finally put the 36" Swampers on the back, one of the Avalanche corners is clamped into place, new Classic Tube stainless steel rear brake line is sitting in the back, new longer Chevy front brake hoses are on a shelf, driveshafts from a Scout and an F-150 are sitting on the floor waiting for measurements & a trip to the driveshaft shop for shortening, Waggie steering linkage is sitting on the floor next to them, the orange thing is an in-cab cage (shoulda seen me bring that home on a hitch hauler strapped to the back of my ZJ), there's a couple of Classic Enterprises panels in the back as well to finish up the rear floor, have all of the paint. Just gotta order a 4.0 fuel pump, buy a few body bolts, and get crankin' on this beast and I should be ready by Spring. Of course the ZJ had to spoil my fun and blow the t-case a couple of weeks ago to the tune of $1600...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: A little more progress

Hey Rodney, Havn't been to your website lately, any updates?

Your site used to be one of my favorite stops. Get that thing runnin and make a trip out west. You won't regret it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 10:43 PM

Keep at it Rodney ... or I'll beat ya finishing my second one before you get done with that JeepSkate. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:33 PM
utahjeepr

Man, you gotta get that thing done. I can hear it beggin to go wheelin from here. I'd offer you up a place to crash and introduce you to the Hammers once you get it going, but that would come with a couple problems.

1 after a couple Hammer runs you'd want to redesign a couple things, which could take decades.

2 you would want to reloacte

3 your wife would be beating us both over the head with large pieces of furniture

oh well come anyway. your wife might not be able to swing a chair as hard as my old lady, and I could use the break.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Dorfs: I'm finishing up the redesigned site with a different navigation setup. Should start seeing some of the new pages next week.

Jaffer: If you finish that second one first, I'm sellin' all of my stuff and buying a Kia [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

Utahjeepr: No problems...
1. As long as it's nothing radical, redesigns shouldn't take me that long. I've already been resisting the urge to redo a couple of things in the name of saving time & money...I'll take care of them next Winter or pick at them one at a time over the Summer.
2. Relocation is an option...I *will* be losing my job at the end of April [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
3. Nah...as long as she gets to hit the trails too, she's fine.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 04:20 PM

looking good, i sent you a pm if you need a hand. When am i going to get your registration for the badlands bash? Gota get that beast done by then.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode