looking for a CJ.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

looking for a CJ....

Im in the navy and stationed in Dever,Co(go figure), I currently own the jeep at the bottom of this post and want to get a CJ too. I will have to wait for my tax returns but I figured I could start looking now. I would like a V8 but a I6 is good to. If anyone knows of anyone else who has one near me please let me know, thanks a bunch guys.

yes it is 6"..hehehe[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:32 PM
BigUgly

Re: looking for a CJ....

I found mine at Pacific Auto Auction in Commerce City here's a link. http://www.pacificauction.com/ On friday's you can call them up and get a current list of the cars and trucks, plus test drive them. Just watch out for the ones listed, "Tow away", these don't run or don't pass emissions here in Colorado. Mine had a seized Chevy 305 under the hood. Built a 383 to go between the frame rails, passed one emission test and put collector series plates on it. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]NO MORE EMISSIONS for it. The Collectors plates in Colorado are for 25 year old cars or older. The magic year this year is 1978, find one of those emission one time then thats it. Good Luck on finding the Right Jeep, and from an old Bubblehead (SSBN 729G) THANK YOU FOR DEFENDING OUR RIGHT TO 4 WHEEL IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

TheBigUgly
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

thanks bud...I will definitly go. How do they operate there...can I pay cash or what? I saw voucher on some, tested by others...what does that mean.
Thanks again.

Josh [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Howdy,
I've got a 65, CJ5, Chevy 305, Edelbrock carb, Weiand Intake, Headers, 2.5" Lift, Fiberglass body, 32x11.5 mud terrains, tiger top, bakinni top. New Wheel cylanders and Brake shoes, New seals and bearings allthe way around. Replaced all hubs. Tranny Needs work I was putting off until Summer. (needs a new second gear Syncros and cluster gear). Has a cool Overdrive to over drive any gear. Lots of power, runs great, recently tuned engine, Compression is 130 on all cylanders. New clutch. I can E-mail you pictures if you want. asking $3999. as is $5999. when tranny is fixed
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

pls send me pics...iM still waiting to see what I get in tax returns...but it sounds doable...How far are you from Denver? [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]Thanks!

[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a pic I can E-mail more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1032376-Kids 004.jpg (75.2 KB, 28 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry,

I;ve got better pics heres one will e-mail more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1032381-Kids 001.jpg (68.1 KB, 30 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 11:45 AM
BigUgly

Tested means that it is emission tested and get a temp plate. A voucher means that they think it will pass but haven't had time to take it. They give you a temp plate with a voucher car , so you can drive it away that day. A tow away, you get no emission test, and no temp plate, you're on your own to get it out of the yard and the emission responsiblity is your.

L8r,

TheBigUgly
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Thanks for all the emails and such. I am very grateful, but I thin kI may have found a jeep local that is a great deal. No rust, rebuilt 258, 2b carb, custom 4" leafs, brand new top, 79 cj5. Just one question, how good is the 2598 I6? I know I6s are freaking bomb proof usually but I just want to ask before i buy, you all know the deal!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode