Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: CJ Wiper Motor ?
1. The wipers on the newer CJ's are "intermittent", or
2. The wiper movement can be adjusted from a fast to very slow wipe sequence.
3. Something's got to control that sequence, and
4. Pulse the wiper motor... so that it starts up at the right time,
5. And Cycles though the wipe cycle.
6. The control module's a little black box under the dash.
7. It's an electronic circuit that pulses the motor,
8. According the setting set by the rehostat, which is one side of the wiper knob,
a. To the left, slow to fast,
b. Middle = off,
c. Right one click = on
d. Right two clicks = faster,
8. You get the picture...
9. So you're going to have to have the harness, the control box and the on/off assebmly.