winter wheelin - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

winter wheelin

Went wheelin 3 days in a row with a buddy.First 2 were good he rolled and I got it on vid.No serious damage and we had a good laugh.Today was a different story.We went to a power line 25 miles from here.There is about 1 1/2 feet of snow there.It started out pretty good, trail wasn't to bad and the jeeps made it past the tracks of the other's who couldn't climb the third hill on the trail.We kept going up and down some pretty steep hills.We got to the end of the trail and decided to take a different way out.
We went about 3 miles and came to a spot where they had made a roadblock with heavy equipment.No way around it so we went back.It had warmed up a little bit and the snow was getting sticky.We got to the first hill and knew getting out was gonna be an ordeal.
My buddy was the first to try the hill.It's a long rocky climb. He tried his crawling technique with no luck so he decided WFO was the way to go. Wheel hopping,tires in the air insanity followed.If bouncing off rocks and tree's is fun we were having a blast.The rest of the day was either full throttle attacks or winching or both.It's no fun pulling cables and recovery gear up steep icey hills over and over.After about 4 1/2 hours we made it the out of there.It was a lot of work and I really dont like pounding on my rig but we made it out with no breakage.So i guess it was another successful trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: winter wheelin

Yep, I like winter wheeling as well, lots of fun and the same trails have a new twist. Do you use chains? They give a lot of traction, even on glare ice and deep snow. Post the pics when you can.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 08:37 PM

Re: winter wheelin

I've only been out in the snow once and it was 2" in november but we really havn't had any good snow since then and my 4x4 has been out since then also. I miss snow wheeling but i'm sure i'll get tons of it living in marquette michigan (on lake superrior) next year, i might have to swing your way zippy for some snow wheeling.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode