OT- Make way for Winter...State shuts down - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

OT- Make way for Winter...State shuts down

Mother nature nailed us this weekend in Maryland. I think the totals were about 2 feet of snow and 4 feet in Garrett County(west of the mountains). I spent about 3 hours playing in it yesterday, but I was using up a ton of gas and called it quits. Jeep did great!! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is the first substantial snowfall that I have been able to take it out in, and it was FUN!!! Here is Melissa's Jeep this morning. (buried)... that is also my 240sx to the left (trust me, it's there).

Last night though, they were threatening to issue $1000 tickets to anyone caught on the roads, so I had to park it. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] All in all, great time.
Now bring on summertime!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Re: OT- Make way for Winter...State shuts down

And here's mine after a day of driving around in it....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:50 PM
BigUgly

I wish we could get some snow like that in the Denver area, it's 50 degrees today and it only rained thursday and friday. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] We need snow over here. Stay warm,

TheBigUgly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

We got about 9 inches here, but because I go to school in corn country it blows around everywhere and some places have HUGE snow drifts. Its kinda cool to see. I was listening to my police scanner and just about every ten minutes I'd hear a call for motorist assistance because some dumb arse drove through a snow pile and got stuck. When will people realize that a Neon is not a Jeep and can't do what a Jeep can. There should be a law that only Jeeps can drive in snow over 6 inches. People around here get stupid when it snows, its the strangest thing.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 09:24 PM

A jeep and a 240? I was running that setup until this complete idiot rearended me totalling the Nissan. Now I am down to the jeep...I miss that 240 though. Good luck with the snow

Cecil
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Journeyman

What a blast

I was out and about for a bit over the last couple of days. Pulled a couple of folks out who actually had proper attachment points on their SUVs. I wouldn't give the fools who were trying to get around in their FWD cars with ZERO ground clearance a consideration. They were everywhere... problem was they'd get out of their housing developments/apartment complexes, the snow plows would drive by, then those folks couldn't get back to home. Start digging!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Re: What a blast

The a$$ who owns the little red car next to my Jeep shoveled all of his snow behind me. I went to pull out and the skid plate for the gas tank high-centered me. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] We had to use Jeepchick's YJ to pull me out. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
One thing Jeepchick noticed was that both rear wheels were spinning in the same direction at the same time before and while they were starting to grab. Would a regular differential in a Dana 35 do that?? I figured only one tire would spin as the other started to get traction, but they both kept spinning backwards (in reverse). Enlighten me.... ??? The front did the usual, one tire spinning, the other stationary.
Either way, the guy who owns the red car has some VERY tightly packed snow shoved under and behind his car now. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Really, I don't know how it got there. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Heh-heh-heh! It happens... Snow just gets there. My neighboor plowed some snow in front of the garages (nice gesture). I was parked in, cos my parents (they usually use it) were away. So he picked up all the snow from 25 garages and unloaded it in front of mine [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] After some hours of hard work I gou out.
Strange enough, that night the stairs o his house got frozen... Seemed almost like somebody got there at around 2AM and unloaded some serious gallons of cold water all over his stairs. Very strange!
well, I have to admit... His [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] are absolutely better than mine [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Northwest Frederick County here....got about 2 feet [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]....stayed in on Monday....dont need a $1000 ticket....spent the day getting the wife's car unburied....had no problems today....took the wife to work....the people she works for have about 1/2 mile lane they didnt really do anything with as far as the snow goes....no problems whatsoever....love my Jeep!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 12:35 PM
johnatals

here in central PA we got about 2.5 feet of snow. on monday i was out driving around in my yj all day long. i almost ran out of gas i was out so long. there were plenty of people that were ready to be pulled out of the snow. this was most first expirience in this much snow and it was alot of fun. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode