Bumpers Needed for my 84 CJ7 Where to find? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Bumpers Needed for my 84 CJ7 Where to find?

I have been trying to find some bumpers at a reasonable price (say $200.00 or less for front and $400.00 or less for the back) [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Who makes inexpensive bumpers? I want to be able to have a winch on front with a winch bar, D Rings, and maybe a front 2" receiver hitch, for putting my trailer away. For the rear I would like a tire carrier and maybe 1 or 2 jerry can holders with 2" receiver hitch and D Rings. Are bumpers able to be found at these prices? Everything I have seen is $900.00+ just for the rear.

I sold my Raptor and now need to stick some money into my toy to keep me sane. If anyone knows of where I can get a decent bumper for reasonable please advise.

Also, What about roll cages? Do they all interfer with the operation of the full steel doors. i.e. rolling down the windows. Who sells bolt in cages and will the tuffy overhead counsil fit between the two bars that mounted from your existing roll bar to the front half.

Thanks,

Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 01:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bumpers Needed for my 84 CJ7 Where to find?

You may end up with a wait, but this guy gets great reviews. I will be buying a front bumper soon.

http://www.stevesjeepfab.com/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

Build the bumpers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 01:49 PM

build them! but if you can't I like Northridge4x4's bumpers
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:00 PM

I'll have to say build it too! Or have a friend/local shop do it for ya. I personally built my front bumper and am still working on the rear one with a tire carrier. As for the front bumper, I modeled it after the Bulletproof FF1 front bumper for YJ's/TJ's. But instead of bending the pipe to get a nice sweeping radius for the hoop, I used standard weld elbows cropped to 80 degrees instead of 90 degrees. I used 5x2x3/16 for the main tube, 7/8" thick tow tabs because that's what I had laying around, and 2x2x3/16 angle for the frame tie in brackets. The tow tab is not bolted directly to the frame, although I welded it directly to the angles which are bolted to the frame. All in all, I spent around $40 for materials and maybe 8-10 hours to fabricate it. I would have bought one, but for me, I get more satisfaction when people tell me they can't believe that I made it myself. (my in-laws aren't exactly what I would call handy)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Siege A

Hey I tried to send steve an e-mail and it came back as undeliverable. Whats the scoop?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not sure, but he sometimes sells the bumbers on ebay w/ a "buy it now" of his list price.

FWIW, I'm with you. I'd love to build my own, but I don't have a welder, and Steve's prices are very reasonalble.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 04:30 PM

Sounds like you are looking for this:

Has 2 D-rings, 2" receiver, swing out carrier with room for 2 gas cans, a hi-lift jack, and adjustable spare tire holder.

I made this one, and I would suggest you make your own rather than buying.
If you don't have the provisions to make your own, drop me an email or personal message and we can talk.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 06:59 PM
77rigid

I ordered from steve and am still waiting.I sent my money order off on 12-18-02 and was told 6-8 weeks.I got an e-mail from them last week saying they should go out this week.I will let you know how it goes.We(me and a buddy) are getting 2 front bumpers and 2 rear tire carriers for $975 delivered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode