? for pbmcauliffe - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
MNT
Addict

? for pbmcauliffe

Hey, I was just wondering if you had plans for your cage on the net anywhere. I did a search for roll cage and you came up a bit and I like the look of you cage. If you had plans/schematics I would apprciate it, otherwise I will continue with my research.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: ? for pbmcauliffe

No real plans just something I threw together, basically it's all 1.75" with a Smittybuilt front hoop with two extra spreaders on the top (total of four turned around from normal direction to fit under hardtop when I had one). Two more spreaders going from from hoop to rear hoop at tub sides, two straight pieces running across these for the seat mounts. Door bars that tie the main hoop, dash hoop and the bars going out thru the cowl together. Straight dash bar above dash line, bar across back for harness mounts, & some more tubing in the rear for the tire mount. All eight points are tied to the frame and two more to the cowl.
This spring I am going to cut out a lot of it and change a few rear section parts and redo some of the front section.
If you want some other pictures besides those floating around here, email me or send me a PM.

Look around also for some built by bluseman2a , I think he has a link to a few he has built that are similar and has all the part #'s with pictures as it is going together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode