Need dimension..YJ to TJ Flare swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Need dimension..YJ to TJ Flare swap

I talked a friend of mine into making me some rocker guards for $25!!! That's labor and materials. But I need to know one thing. I have the stock flares on my YJ, but want to swap to TJ flares in a few months. I want to have him drill the holes for bolting it to the tub, but want to make sure I won't end up cutting in the wrong place when I do the swap. Can anyone who has made the TJ flare swap get me a dimension between the front and rear flares at the lowest part (bottom of the tub). As long as it is within about an inch or so.

I am going to have them burned on a plasma burning table out of 1/4" plate and bend them. II am also going to have the letters "YJ" burned out of the back end of them, so when I paint them black, the white body will show through. I just don't know anyone who has made the flare swap so I can measure to make sure I don't put the letters in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Re: Need dimension..YJ to TJ Flare swap

I did the flare swap on my old YJ..., I'd get you measurements but some girl felt inclined to drive her truck into it a rather high speed. The body is crinkled and wasted. When I did the rear cutouts for the TJ flares, I chose to remove most of the metal from the rear of the wheelwell, as I wanted alot of room for flex. (As the rear springs compress, the rear tires will move up and back.) I didn't cut any material from the front of the rear wheelwell, I just cut the wheelwell higher and extended it to the rear. (I hope this makes sense.) Long story short.., er shorter..., [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] the measurement depends on where you place the rear flare.., if you do it like me, use the existing front edge of the rear wheelwell to locate the new flare. This will allow a point to measure from so you can figure out where to place the letters. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode