Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   How much would you pay??? (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/148901-how-much-would-you-pay.html)

311mx 12-31-2002 08:37 PM

How much would you pay???

I got a '90 Jeep Wrangler that I may need to sell. I was just wondering what you guys think I could get for it. The main reason I'm selling it is because I tried to do an engine swap and got in a little over my head. Now I'm out of money, back in school, and have very little knowledge on how to get it to run. The engine is a 5.2L V8 out of a '94 ZJ that, I was told, has around 25,000 miles on it. I have the engine mounted and most of the parts installed on it (ECU and power distriution box I have, not installed). I also put a new AX-15 tranny out of a '99 TJ in. Like I said, everything is mounted and in good condition. It's also got a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift with 36" TSL/SX tires with about half the tread left. How much do you think I could get for it? Any offers? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

77rigid 12-31-2002 08:52 PM

Re: How much would you pay???

since this must not be your daily driver,just get it ready and stick it in a garage.That way when you get out of school in a few months you can finish it up and wheel it from then on.It's just my opinion, but you will probably regret selling it and end up buying another one at a later time.Once you have a jeep you can never be without one again(or I can't,it gets in your blood)

Olin18 01-02-2003 07:28 AM

One question... What flavor axels does it have under it. I am thinking that with stock axels, 36's and a new V8 it is probably not worth as much as it would be with stronger than stock axels.
It would be hard to put a price tag on what you have, to me it sounds like you are pretty close to getting it going, I would also suggest putting it up for a while and getting back to it when you can.

If you are really going to sell it......
I would probably pay somewhere between 1 and 2K for it if it does not run. It would be worth much more if you coudl get it running, but then you probably wouldn't want to sell it.

311mx 01-04-2003 07:28 PM

Yeah, I was kind of planning on keeping it in storage until I had some money to get it running. I was just wondering how much I could get for it if the financial situation became worse.