Will 35's fit? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Will 35\'s fit?

I am in need of new springs on my 78 -7. I am wondering if a 3 inch lift will be enough clearance for 35's? Everything is origanal on the frame and body. Im not looking to get the best springs, just a decent spring with a decent price. Thanks Jeeprugger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:30 PM

Re: Will 35\'s fit?

I would venture to say that you will ned at least a 4 inch spring with a 1-3 inch body lift ot clear 35's for wheeling. If it is a street only Jeep then a 4 inch would work. I think the best suggestion would be to do a SOA conversion with some sort of traction bar to keep axle wrap to a minimum. I am sure all the guys out here with CJ-7's will be able to tell you exactly what they ahd to do to get 35's on theirs. Keep in mind that wiht 35's you will liekly need to change your gears.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:30 PM
Pooh-Bah

With a sawsall, anything will fit. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
But it really depends on what you want them for. If you are actually going to venture off the highway, then it will be too tight without trimming the fenders a little or adding a body lift [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img].
If it is a pretty, street Jeep, then you might scuff your flares pulling into Mickey-D's, but they will buff out with some 600 grit and armor all.
The biggest concern should be the amount of stress put on the rest of the drivetrain and whether it is up to the task.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Can't Get Enough

I run 3.5" of spring lift, longer shackles, and a 1" body lift on my 7 w/35's. The back still rubbed so I took a sawzall and put some TJ flares on my jeep. Now they stuff up and barely rub the fender flare.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
77rigid

I am running 4in springs,1.5in or 2in shackles,and a 3in body lift.It doesn't rub anywhere.Also changed to 4.56 gears.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 01:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm SOA on wrangler springs in rear, SUA in front with 4" Pro Comp Springs in front (- 1 Leaf from the pack) have 36x12.5s and cut out wheel wells. Rancho Dropped bump stops all around. Minimal rubbage, What I am rubbing now will be cut out soon after I finish the SOA in front.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I might look into 33's. I really dont want to change gears. Would a 2.5" be about right for them? Also, any suggestions on brands?????????? thanks
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 09:27 PM
77rigid

to run the 33's I would stick with a 4in kit from 4-wheel parts wholesalers just because it seems like the most complete kit for your money(springs,shocks,pitman arm,etc....).Between me and my buddies we have ordered 4 or 5 of these kits and we are all very satisfied.I like Super Swamper SX's for tires(33x15.50x15 on 15x12 wheels)look good with the 4in kit.Just my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode