Willys Maiden Voyage Today, Not so Good. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Willys Maiden Voyage Today, Not so Good.

Well, after playing with the thing for the last week or so, I towed it down to deepwater to see what it could do. All seemed good at first, until I back over a log that jumps up and smashes a tail light. No biggie, just cheap lights someone stuck on it anyway. About 5 minutes later, the windshield frame snapped in two on the drivers side. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] So we keep going. About 5 more minutes, and right after being pulled back up a slick little hill where I came about 6" from sliding over a good sized drop, the clutch rod snaps. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I was real lucky it held while I was on that hill, but now I was done. So we towed it out, tried riggin it, but decided to just head home and fix it there. So, I towed it for an hour, wheeled about 15-20 minutes, towed back home another hour. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I fixed the clutch, and will weld up the windshield tomorrow. At least it wasn't any major breakage, but hopefully the next run will be better. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Willys Maiden Voyage Today, Not so Good.

... [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] goodluck man. Sounds like a basketcase.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sounds like a jeep thing to me. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
You will get the bugs out.. sucks that you had to drive an hour.

Are you still coming down to florida? I have a CJ2A windsiheld frame sitting in my room. Is solid but rusty at the front where it meets the flat metal.. like all of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Hehe, well I wouldn't quite call it a basketcase, considering it's 54 years old and probably hasn't been really wheeled for quite some time.

Dan, the plan is still to move to FL. It looks like it's going to be a couple more months at least though. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I may take that frame off your hands when I get there, if you still have it. Mine didn't look bad, or real rusty, but it's been painted over. I was hoping to save the body work for nicer weather, but I may not have a choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode