Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: 258 head question
1. Ghostship's correct.
2. Back in '93 I got an estimate Clifford for a new head. it sounded Sooooooooo good!
3. The head was going to run about $2,200.
4. I was astonished! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
5. I went to my loacal junk yard and priced a head... $100 for the core.
6. Then went to the local machine shop with Clifford's itemized estimate,
7. And said: "Duplicate this if you can"
8. Labor and parts came to about $300.
9. So for < $400... I could do what Clifford did.
10. So I did what any sane Jeeper would do.
11. I saved my money and bought Fuel Injection instead! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]