1. Cut a wooden disk (3/4" wide) to fit your bench grinder.
2. Make a trough 3/4" wide by the circumfance of the disk made in step 1.
3. Pour fine carborundum particles into the trough.
4. Spread them evenly along the trough.
5. Apply White caprenters evenly to the circumfance of the disk.
6. Let it get a little "tacky."
7. Roll the disk made in step 1 along the trough to imbed the carborundum into the glue.
8. Set aside the disk and let it dry.
9. Mount the disk on the grinder after it's good and dry.
10. Use this disk to sharpen you blades.
11. You can keep your fingers on the blade as no heat builds up to burn your fingers or blue the blade.
12. It works great!
13. I've been using one for about 15 years now... and love it.
14. Just keep the carborundum on that disk!
15. It's makes best edge I've ever been able to put on a blade. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
16. As a test... I shave with it!
Here's some "paper" wheel shaprening disks that are very similar to what I use: