Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Tray for tailgate door? - HELP (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/148255-tray-tailgate-door-help.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 12-25-2002 08:53 AM

Tray for tailgate door? - HELP

Does anyone know of a bolt on aftermarket table or tray that can be fitted to the rear inner tailgate door? I need one that can be folded up and down that would fit a 2003 Jeep. Need some working space.
Thank you,
Mark

LEVE 12-26-2002 01:16 PM

Re: Tray for tailgate door? - HELP

1. There are no products like you describe that I'm aware of.
a. All I've ever seen are tool bags, and
b. Ammo cans bolted to the tailgate for tools, parts, etc.
2. The hinges on the taigage are fairly light and may not take the strain.
3. You may be onto an idea for a new product.
4. Get ahold of Mike34.
5. This seems like something he could whip up in no time!

**DONOTDELETE** 12-26-2002 02:55 PM

Try ThinkJeep they have a good number of storage items there... I think I saw what you were looking for on there website awhile back.

**DONOTDELETE** 12-26-2002 09:17 PM

Well, I'm getting closer! I this on pitpal.com! Goto the bottom and look for FLIP DOWN TRAY and JR. FLIP DOWN TRAY. The only thing is one to to big and the other is too small [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] http://www.pitpal.com/trays.html This is what I'm looking for to mount to the inside of the tailgate.

mike34 12-26-2002 09:48 PM

Ya I can help just shoot me some measurements of what you want. I looked at the PitPal products I kinda know what your looking for. Let me know if I can help. Click on the link below to see my works.
Thanx Mike

**DONOTDELETE** 12-27-2002 07:40 PM

Thanks Mike! I will get some measurements to you.

Dean 12-28-2002 09:17 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ya I can help just shoot me some measurements of what you want. I looked at the PitPal products I kinda know what your looking for. Let me know if I can help. Click on the link below to see my works.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice looking stuff you're making. I'm interested in a set of half doors for a CJ-8 in smooth aluminum that'll work with the soft upper doors. Is there any chance that you'll be making some any time soon?

Dean

mike34 12-28-2002 07:48 PM

Hi Dean, Ive actually got a set of uppers in the garage for just that reason. But Im thinkin I'll need a door too so Im out on that for awhile. But I am working on it(just dont know when it will happen.
Mike

Dean 12-29-2002 06:25 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hi Dean, Ive actually got a set of uppers in the garage for just that reason. But Im thinkin I'll need a door too so Im out on that for awhile. But I am working on it(just dont know when it will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking for a soft or hard lower door? I may be able to come up with a soft door I could loan you to use for a template.

Dean