Must be the Egg Nog talking... LONG - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

View Poll Results: What do we do with muddynut?
Place him into rehab 3 18.75%
Make him attend AA meetings 0 0%
Limit his exposure to jeepgod and DirtDog 6 37.50%
Give him another Budweiser 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Must be the Egg Nog talking... LONG

Alittle background information first... I'm a college student that doesnt drive much at all during the week maybe a mile to work or so... I currently own two Jeeps - 94 Cherokee and a 95 Jeep Wrangler. Now I was thinking this afternoon that hey... I want to sell my Cherokee get maybe $4000 for it. Fund my next project. Pull everything from my Wrangler. Install a nice 5.2L Magnum from a Durango I have a line on... its only got 30k on it w/ the computer... I can get the engine for a fair price... around $1000... Now my question. So I get the whole driveline from the Durango 4X4 and get a D44 with Passenger Side Drop and a D60 rearend? Or so I not sell my cherokee and take my wrangler step by step. What all would the swap incorporate... I know a good bit of people in the automotive business around my area and I can get some nice deals so I'd figured about $4500 for the whole swap... I've already got a D44 frontend.

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 12:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: Must be the Egg Nog talking... LONG

Isn't this the second post from you in the past few months regarding alcohol and your high consumption of it? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I think it's time to get you some help... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...rue#Post956169

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

James...James...James... ah... Oregon. I have nothing to say. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 02:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I think the 5.2 Magnum would definately be a cool and unique motor to slap into your YJ. It might be a little harder as it's not as popular of a swap, so there isn't much after market support or general knowledge floating around like the 350 and the 5.0 swaps.

It probably sounds like a great idea to sell the Cherokee and put all the money into your YJ. Then you could have that as a daily driver. But remember, you like to break stuff, and even with a D60, you'll still find a way. Then you'd be SOL'd and without a ride. So I think it'd be wise to keep your XJ and build up your YJ when funds allow. Your XJ is a '94, so it should still be plenty reliable. If you keep that, you can just save and build the YJ. I know that it sucks, especially when you want it now and what not, but it'll give you time to think things out and figure out what combo will work best for your needs.

In the end it's up to you, but I say you should keep both. The XJ makes a great daily driver.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 08:46 AM

I KNOW I'm gonna catch some SH!T for this..... but if I were you I'd sell the YJ and build up the XJ..... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 11:35 AM

HAHA James. And this coming from someone with an avitar of a cartoon "hitting a bowl". [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Addict

A magnum engine huh, well awesome if you can get all the wiring to work out, I would put money into the wrangler its gotr a good frame and body for a 4x4, Years ago i did a cherokee swap 350 th350 and was very dissapointed with it, but you are starting with a yj, did it come with a 4cyl or 6cyl, i can guide you through wiring thenew engine, if you are looking for a front dana 44 for your yj i bet i have one laying around, it probly needs a gear change seeing that in my pile only 3:08 and 3:54 are what comes to mind. Dont worry about the egg nog, you will sober up, .....make sme think of all the drunken late night wrenching episodes we used to have, once we took a friends sister's geo metro and put it on a blazer frame, I still have pics.... ha was she surprised, not really pissed though, it had a bad motor, now is has a 283,th400 and 4:10 axles 12bolt dana 44 but i think it looks homo, man we must have been really drunk because we thought it was an awesome truck in the dark.........LOL good luck
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Becareful with your use of the word "homo" on this board... some people here may flame you for it... haha
The wiring is the last thing I worry about once its in I'll figure out how to wire it up. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode