Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Merry Christmas...From me to you (tool tip) (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/148205-merry-christmas-me-you-tool-tip.html)

in2mud 12-24-2002 03:15 PM

Merry Christmas...From me to you (tool tip)

I'm in the giving spirit and thought it would be nice to give all of you something and I finally thought of something and the best part is it cost me nothing and didn't dip into the Jeep fund :P

This is a tip that you can all use, some of you may already know about it and if you do you just got screwed [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I'm sorry I will try to make it up to you someday [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This tip will keep you from:
1. getting frustrated
2. using four letter words
3. throwing things
4. breaking things
and it works 95% of the time

Have you ever had a phillips, slotted, or those other fasteners we've all grown to love called torx screws [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] that just doesn't want to come loose? So you twist or pull harder and the #$%'n, son of a #$%^&'n, piece of &^%$ screws head strips out and then the viscous cycle of 1-4 starts? [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Well my friends this cycle can be stopped and I'm here to help you [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Next time your at the auto parts store pick yourself up a tube or small bottle of valve grinding compound. Then the next time you find yourself in the above sitituation before you go yanking or twisting extra hard on that screw smear some compound in the hole and on the tip of your tool.
You will be amazed with the results I've been doing it for years and have broken the viscous cycle. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I hope that now the world will become a better place and that I save you from 1-4 above sometime in your lives.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to each and everyone of you!

Thanks for putting up with me and for the knowledge that I have gained being here.

PS this tip is also good for those of you who like me don't know what a pilot hole is when trying to run those 3" screws through wood with the cordless drill [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 12-24-2002 03:40 PM

Re: Merry Christmas...From me to you

Thanks for the tip! Merry Christmas [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

in2mud 12-24-2002 08:45 PM

Re: Merry Christmas...From me to you (tool tip)

BTT so everyone sees it

SuburbanAssault 12-24-2002 08:53 PM

Sounds great, merry Christmas to you, you probably just saved my @ss some aggratavtion down the road!

ArkyCrawler 12-24-2002 08:57 PM

YOU DA MAN MUD!

Merry X-mas all!

Steve

sloop 12-24-2002 10:53 PM

Does this help when the head of the bolt shears off?

I broke the head off of one of my caliper bolts a little while ago

in2mud 12-25-2002 07:53 AM

nope sure won't..sorry you fell into the 5% that it doesn't work [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
It doesn't take the place of PB Blaster it just helps not to strip the heads out but they will still break off and then atleast you got whatever it was apart.