Will '02 TJ wheels fit '03 Liberty?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 12:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will \'02 TJ wheels fit \'03 Liberty??

I own a 02 TJ Sport with the factory Eco "5 Spoke" style wheels. I will soon be upgrading to bigger tires, wheels...etc. Does anyone know if my wheels will fit on my woman's 03 Liberty Sport??

I e-mailed JEEP and they responded by saying they don't recommend altering anything from the factory specs...and the wheels will not fit.

Is this true?? Or are they speaking just as some specs do in regards to certain width tires won't fit on certain wheels, when they actually do fit.

Looks to be the same bolt pattern, but I don't want to find out the hard way with the wheels falling off while on the highway and my woman setting next to me saying "I told you so...you #%$&#$*!!!" Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 02:06 PM

Re: Will \'02 TJ wheels fit \'03 Liberty??

Well I have not personaly tried what you are asking but the solution is very simple... jack up both Jeeps and switch a tire out. If the wheel fits the lugs and lays flat next to the hub/drum with out hitting the brakes then I think that would be a fit. Any dealer will tell you not to switch parts around from one make to another. Oh,,, be sure to tighten the lugs down and make sure it turns ok. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx GP'n!!

My brother and I will be installing my new wheels and tires next month, so I'll bring the woman's Liberty along, yank one of the wheels off and see if it sits flat. I'll cross my fingers!! Could save me some money and make her Liberty stand out a bit from the rest.

Thanx again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The Liberty has the same 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern ..but the Liberty wheels have only 4" back spacing ..or so I'm told.

I wanted to buy a set of 16" wheels for the SE (I like tall and skinny). The ebay auction listed it as being the right bolt pattern ..but said in bold letters THESE WILL ONLY FIT THE LIBERTY. I queried the seller and that's when they told me the backspacing difference. That would mean, if true (??), that YOU could get away with using Liberty wheels ..but a Liberty probably can't use Wrangler wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode