a few more pic's of the new rig - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

a few more pic\'s of the new rig

ok, ok i realize it is a toyota fj40....well sort of. just the little bit of sheetmetal that you see is anyway. the axles, eng, and tranny are what i took out of my jeep. the motor and trany are actually now set and mounted. these are just a few shots that i snapped when i was putting them in. i still have to wire it and then start building floors, inner fenders, a few side pannels, and i will be building tube front fenders. we are getting ready to move so my progress will be slow for a while. anyway i just thought i'd share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 977963-enggoingin.jpg (31.5 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: a few more pic\'s of the new rig

some of the cage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 977966-cage.jpg (27.6 KB, 12 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bottom of the cage and frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 977968-botcage.jpg (24.3 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:00 AM
ArkyCrawler

Nice job Brian! Are you going to stick with 42's? and PLEASE keep the pic's coming [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes i am sticking with the 42's. i have been really pleased with the performance. big tires definately make the rocks seem smaller. they grip really well too. i do wish i had a taller rim with this much tire though. a 17" rim would be great. on side hills at low pressures the side walls can roll a bit and cause a bit of a tippy feeling. i want/need to get some better pic's. i just never seem to have the time. the time i do get i try to spend actually working on it. i get 5 days off this week so maybe i'll roll it out of the garage and snap a few better pic's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Can't Get Enough

Looks great. Are you sticking with the leafs in the front or are you going to link it as well? I am guessing you are going to put in some sheet metal for the floor and sides? Course it probably doesn't get as cold in Texas as it does here so maybe no floor and sides needed?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 04:59 PM

Sweet, i'll have a "buggy" some day, o wait my tj will probably turn my tj into kind a green machine buggy in a couple months when the money tree lands in my front yard.

BarrelRoll
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 07:03 PM
Can't Get Enough

Brian, nice rig... Definitely NOT GAY>>>>>>>(see gay post above)
Ricky...seeya...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

GM, yea i will be adding sheet metal. there will be a floor and inner fenders in the rear. there will also be a side pannel on each side and a rear pannel as well. as for the suspension i am running leaves front and rear. as of now i am running rancho rs44044 springs. they are 2.5" lift springs for the front of a jeep wagoneer. they are known to flex really well. i am unsure as of now but i may swap to a set of stock style 7leaf hd springs for the front of a wagoneer from JC Whitney. i am alittle taller than i want to be. i still have to tube the front, add the radiator, battery, winch etc. not to mention that these are brand new springs so they will settle a bit once i wheel it a time or two. i chose to stick with leaves after i added a front traction bar on my jeep. i was havin wrap problems in the front and on steep loose climbs it would get to bouncing and forward progress would stop. once i added a front anti-wrap bar designed like the one i have in the rear it fixed that. anyway i stuck with cheap and easy leaves because i was very pleased with the performance. anyway i have not gotten much work done lately. we are getting ready to move so progress is slow. this weekend i did roll it out of the garage to get some better pic's. here are a couple:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 983298-fside.jpg (24.0 KB, 2 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 983302-back.jpg (28.4 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode