Making new drag link and track bar, use himes? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Making new drag link and track bar, use himes?

If the pass side d44 is going to work on my tj i'm going to need to make a new track bar and i think the waggy d44 drag link isn't the right length to work with my tj. What's the differance between a rod end and hime joint? Would i be able to use the stock tie-rod and then use a hime jointed or rod ended drag link? What size are the holes in the drag link and pitman arm? Could i just put a bolt thought them or do they need to be bored out for a larger bolt? any idea what size i should have them bored out to? Give me some ideas here. Where can i order them from? More is one source i know has em, i would have to order them tomorow and most likely they might get here friday and i want my jeep ready to go by newyears day.

Thanks,
BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Making new drag link and track bar, use himes?

Cut the waggy drag link and find a piece of heavy tube that will fit over it, slide each end up in it till you get the desired length and weld it up at each end. Or weld the TJ end on one side if you need too. Easy fix, don't use a heim if you can get away from it. I like to use replaceable rod ends on both sides of mine so if it breaks it is a parts store buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode