3" Body Lift (Is it gay?) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

3\" Body Lift (Is it gay?)

I bought my 89YJ with a 3" body lift and 31" tires on it. I put new leaf springs on it and that lifted it another 1 1/2". I USED THE SEARCH on this site and read alot of different opinions about body lifts. It seems that not many people are fans of a 3" body lift. I'm not an expert and have never put a body lift on, but it looks like someone did a nice job on mine. i definitly like the easy access that I have to everything underneath. It's very easy to keep clean and keep any rust off the bottom of my tub. I don't take this jeep off road, it's my main transportation right now and I can't afford to break any parts. It handles very well on the road. Click on my link and check it out. Do I look gay going down the road in this jeep or do you think I fit into the jeep crowd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:27 AM

Re: 3\" Body Lift (Is it gay?)

It's a Jeep so you fit in as far as I'm concerned. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If you like the way it looks who cares what others think!

The only time I would think a Jeep looked "gay" would be one that was lowered with those 2" sidewall tires!! That should be illeagal to do to a Jeep!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It does look gay [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Your words, and you asked...

Just kidding, just could not pass that one up.

I think it looks fine, I am staying away from body lifts because they do not fit into my overall plan for the jeep. I think you also have an overall plan, because you mentioned your daily driver issue.

Body lifts are not for me especialy 3" but it is already on there. Aparently it is not causing you any problems so if it ain't broke dont fix it. It looks fine.

Would look better with 35s and 4 in kit, but that is just my opinion.

Nice jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I would think that most of the issues with body lifts are from a linkage and rad/fan alignment. Since yours already has it installed ...those items have been conquered. I doing a 1" body lift on my wife's TJ and I'm doing a motor mount lift at the same time to eliminate most of the related problems (t-case linkage and fan/shroud clearance)

Now ....you really need to be a little more "politically correct" when you describe something here. You never know (audio visions of the first few chordes of "Dualing Banjos" from "Deliverance" playing in background ~de-dade-dling-ling~) who you might be offending (not me [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
...and since I kinda like the song .....this isn't my site ..but I found the choice in music comical

Can you figure out why my user name is GeeAea instead of just plain GA? [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] - it's a quiet but definite distinction.

Perhaps the term "happy" would work [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Try and be polite!! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brutaly Honest Reply to; 3\" Body Lift (Is it gay?)

Political correctness has gone out of control in the US!!

What ever happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!??

In my day we could say "I saw a Black guy driving a car", now we have to be PC and say "I saw a man of African Decent driving a car"
Who are we trying to kid here, people need to get over race and religion diferences and call a spade a spade.

Whatever I'm OT here,

BACK OT

Yes that Jeep looks Gay to me.
If I saw that Jeep around I would point and laugh.
As far as Body lifts in general , NO they are not all Gay.
What is Gay is a stock Jeep running around with a 3" gap between the body and frame with stock tires on it. See it is serving no real purpose and for that reason alone it becomes Gay.
Now if you had a 4" lift and wanted to put , say 40" tires on it I could justify ading a 1" lift to get things to fit.

Now with all that said, if you are happy with your ride Leave it be after all it is your Jeep and if that s how you like it F*** everybody elses opinions!

After you've been around and Jeeping for while you might understand where I am coming from.

Unless you like Gay things [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Take care and happy Jeepin!

Mark
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:10 PM
M38

Re: Brutaly Honest Reply to; 3\" Body Lift (Is it gay?)

macro,

I've been around a while and I don't get where your coming from?

his jeep looks fine, good start

clint

by the way if I where a black man and you called me a spade I'd kick your a$$.

frankly that narrow mindedness you speak of is out.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:24 PM

Yep thats a nice lookin Jeep. For what you said you will be using it for. You should have no problems.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Way Outta Control

Gay?

Is the definition of gay because you have to walk on your
tippy toes to get in?

Is it --
1" = macho
2" = semi-macho
3" = gay

2.5" = thinking about it?

With or without earrings?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:21 PM

Yes 3" body lifts are gay,...its a well known fact, that all 3" body lifts, have sex with other 3" body lifts of the same sex.

Your Jeep on the other hand, looks OK, for the street.
Most people will not even notice that it has, very little suspension travel, stock gearing and no lockers, so they will say things like, "Cool Jeep", or "Wow, Ill bet that thing can go anywhere", you can smile and just rake in the compliments.
However, if you ever decide that its time to go wheeling, and you enjoy it enough that you want to build your Jeep to perform well off road,...then youll need to ask the question again for the off road performance answer to "Is a 3" body lift gay". That answer will have less compliments than this one.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Brutaly Honest Reply to; 3\" Body Lift (Is it g

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
his jeep looks fine, good start

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but he asked for my opinion.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
if I where a black man and you called me a spade I'd kick your a$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here as well, however I was not reffering to an "african American" being a "Spade" (derogatory)
By your reply you only reinforce the fact that PC-ness has gotten out of control.You assumed I was calling a black guy a spade when I was actualy reffering to the old saying;

"call a spade a spade"

My interpretation of this saying is call something what it is, whatever it is.

Don't be offensive on purpose, but all the same why dodge around trying to please all people all the time, it can't be done.

Argghhh!!!!! I guess it's just hard for me because I live here in Seattle and this town is so friggin PC It makes me want to puke.

I'm not a biggot, racist or homophobic, I just think we all should be able to speak our minds without the fear of upsetting someone because we said something that they didn't like.

I'm done.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode