O/T WYOTECH - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

O/T WYOTECH

Anybody here a Wyotech graduate?

I'm currently enrolled in Auto Tech at the local Tech School. I don't feel like this course is going to be enough training for me. It's not quite what I was expecting (kind of a bad deal). A Wyotech represenative came and talked to us about what they have to offer, and it looks like a very exciting, and worthwhile school.

I'm hoping I can get in touch with some people that are graduates of there progams, and get their opinions on the school, and it's courses. Because I realize that some of these represenative have a way of making things look and sound better than they really are [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

The way it works is you take one core program, and then you must take one specialty course. I'm interested in Automotive Technology as my core program, and Chasis Fabrication & High Performance Engines as my specialty course.

Their Website is www.wyotech.com

I would love to hear from anyone that went to Wyotech, or if you went to school somewhere else for a related field I'd love to hear about it, and even if you didn't, but you just want to look at their website and give me your opinion I would appreciate that too. You people on this board have helped me figure out alot of things about my JEEP, so maybe you can help me in my decission on where to go to school.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year- Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 07:29 AM
JMZ
Journeyman

Re: O/T WYOTECH

I know some boys that went there. One of them is building my 350 for me. I`ll see if I can get him on the computer today to answer a few questions.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Addict

I don't know any wyotech grads, but i know a few UTI grads and feel obligated to put in a plug for them. It's a great school and they have a great hi-po motor program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I am an Auto Tech graduate from Wyoming Tech...but it was waaaaay back in 1986. The course and facilities were fantastic back then. I'm sure they have only gotten better
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 09:10 AM
Can't Get Enough

I don't know much about the school, but Laramie would be a fun place to live. I have a lot of friends that have gone to that other school there and they love the town (insert Cowboy Joe jokes here, especially if you are a Colorado State alumni like myself! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) . Lots of advantages of living in Wyoming. No income tax, dry weather, sun, good 4 wheeling. Laramie is a cold and windy place in the winter however. Snowy Range Ski is nearby and Jackson Hole isn't too far of a drive. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Way Outta Control

Justin,
1. Haveing attended more vocational schools and colleges I figure I can chime in here and add a thing or too.
2. It ain't the school, the campus, or the facilities that's in question.
3. It's you.
4. You'll make the difference if Wyoming Tech is going to be a good school or not.
5. I learned more from a 66 year old Electronics Instructor at Edison Technical School in Seattle, than I ever did in than in seven years of college.
6. Pay close attention to those instructors.
7. Most of 'em have been in the "real world" and you can learn from their mistakes.
8. They're anxious for you to succeed.
9. Make friends with those instructors...
10. They'll be good resources all your life.
11. They'll be a good friend all your life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode