Hit a deer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Hit a deer

Keep an eye out for those deer's. I hit one in my blazer this morning going about 55mph. It was a doe, and just ran right out in front of me, I pretty much T-boned her. Her head hit my passenger side blinker light and her ass hit the drivers side bumper and pushed it in a little bit. I was surprised it didnt do as much damage that I thought it would. After I hit her I ended up running over her too (ouch!) The front wheels came off of the ground and now my blazers a little out of alignment. I can only imagine what would have happend if Pat was with me [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] And for all you red necks out there, No I didnt stop to get the deer [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 08:27 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Hit a deer

I bet the thing got back up and ran off. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I saw one get nailed by a tractor trailer on my way to work a few years back. I thought the thing was definitely dead.
After it bounced off the bumper, it hit the concrete divider, jumped back up and bolted across the rest of the highway.
On the other hand, I passed by the top half of a doe on the same road. Pretty gruesome.
Be careful though, when one runs across the road, there are usually a couple more following behind. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 05:55 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeepchick got one in her Intrepid a couple of years ago. It was a good size buck with his head down and she hit him with the left headlight/fender. It spun him around and he ripped off the rear bumper (if you could call it a bumper). Tore the car up pretty good but I was just thankful she was not hurt. I came very close to smacking on on the same hwy a few days later. I had just passed a big truck when I see this b buck stepping into my lane, head up high. I missed him but the truck T-boned him. Not a pretty sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I saw what happens when a deer gets between the cab and the trailer on a tractor-trailer. It isn't pretty. There was deer hide and blood for about a mile and a half before the tires finally spit out what was left.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 09:05 PM

Is that a ZR2 I see in that there picture? If so, Hail to the ZR2!!!! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I loved my Blazer but it could not handle the dirt too well. I had tons of electrical problems. So I bought a 73 CJ5 to beat up off-road. Hope you have good luck with it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 09:35 PM

I hit one that stuck it's leg through the soft top window before launching off the back and running into the woods.

My mom still hasn't driven with me since..

The worst one I ever saw was one that got smacked by a F250 on the northbound side of the highway, went over the divider and was smacked by a MAC truck before it even touched the ground..

That was the nastiest thing I have ever seen.

Then there's always the fox that got punted off the edge of a 70-80 foot cliff.. that was by far the funniest one.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 11:29 PM

I know a guy who cut one in half on his Honda 650 motorcycle doing about 110 mph. We took the same route to work and I must have been just a few minutes ahead of him because I saw the deer in the ditch and was worried it was going to run out in front of me on my bike.

Me and my brother went and picked up his bike from the towing place and it was not a pretty sight the front tire was touching the oil filter and it stunk real bad from all the insides all over it. He was lucky to live through it he did break a ankle and had a hairline fracture in his skull (no helmet) but he was out of the hospital in 3 days.

We see deer all the time on the road we live on...well until hunting season comes along [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Way Outta Control

1. Stop for a deer at your own peril.
2. I prefer Mad Max spikes on the bumper.
3. The law frowns on my ideas.
4. In the 1950's I was standing outside Valdez Alaska on a snowbank made from the snowblower on a locomotive.
5. I was standing at the bend in the tracks and could see a bull moose standing on the tracks.
6. A train was coming and blew it's horn.
7. The moose, startled, lowered it's head and started to charge the oncoming train.
8. The locomotive was equiped with a very large snowblower.
9. It was not a pretty site when that moose hit those blades.
10. It was about the same sound as if a misqueto flew into the fan on you're computers power supply.
11. Only amplified... a lot!
12. That moose never knew what he hit...
13. The fan blades hardly even knew the moose was there...
14. They never slowed down.
15. This made the natives downright happy...It rained moose for about the next mile... [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 12:58 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Leve,
1. That's disgusting.
2. Those Railroad Snowplows are something and a moose would certainly pose no problem.
3. That's disgusting.
4. The reason a cow catcher on a locomotive is called that is due to a device fashioned to deal with cows on the tracks that was a plate of iron with spikes. When the train hit the cow, it impaled it and carried it on the locomotive. The idea was to keep the cow from going under the locomotive causing the derailment. The farmers didn't like it, so they had to change to a system where the cow was instead thrown to the side, but the name stuck (so to speak).
5. That's disgusting!

Fritz
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 02:38 AM
FrenchJeeper

Hummm, it is 9.00 in the morning, i am drinking my coffe reading some post and now i think i have to go to the toilet, i am sick!!! Your stories are "beurk"!!! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
So, hit the trail, not the deer!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode