Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Opinions on Clifford Cams
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you put a bigger (lift/duration) cam in, will you get a better result if you upgrade your exhaust also? Or, is there much noticeable benefit with a bigger cam and stock exhaust?
[/ QUOTE ] 1. If the duration for the exhasust valve is longer, then the exhaust can be expelled faster.
2. The question is does the existing system handle the expelled exhautst now?
3. IMHO, the only time you'd really need to upgrade the exhaust sytem is if you also widly opened up the air intake with something like a K&N.
4. Remember it's all a system.
a. If you take more in in a given amount of time for a finite volume,
b. compress and
c. exhaust it...
d. it's got to go some where.
5. If the present exhaust system can't handle the volume then you'll have to upgrade.
6. Check the pressure at the exhaust.