DIY Fabriction parts for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

DIY Fabriction parts for sale

i've been making some bumpers for local jeepers. in order to make it worth having the brackets i wanted laser-cut, i needed to order a fairly large quantity. i also started making my own tire carrier hinges and receiver tubes. since i had to buy 20' pieces of material to make what i wanted, i went ahead an cut it all up and made a bunch of parts. so, now i'm selling these to my fellow jeepers and fabricators so they can easily build some cool stuff!

PRICE LIST:

Front Bumper Mounting Tab Kit $12 per set
Rear Bumper Mounting Plate Set $18 per set
2" Receiver Tubes $10 each
Tire Carrier Hinge $10 each
Shackle Mounts $5 each
Light/Antenna Tabs $3 ea NOTE: not yet ready

Explanations:

front bumper mounting tab kit. includes 4 tabs (two for the top of the frame rail and two for the bottom). these parts are laser cut out of 1/4" steel plate (1018) with radiused corners and 0.600" hole for YJ and TJ's and 0.500" holes for CJ's. $12 per set

rear bumper mounting plate set. includes 2 plates with hole patterns that match the pattern in the rear crossmember and 2 plates to tie the bumper to the tapped hole in the bottom of the frame. they are also made out of 1/4" plate with radiused corners. $18 per set

2" receiver tubes. machined out of 2.5" square tube with a 5/8" cross-pin hole. specify 5" or 6" length. $10 each

tire carrier hinge tube. it is difficult to tell from the picture, but this is a 3.8375" long piece of heavy wall structural TUBING (not sch 80 pipe) that has been machined so that the bearing races are a close-slip-fit in the bore. they press down against a shoulder. compared to the other hinges out there that have a piece of pipe welded inside anothe piece of pipe...well, there is NO comparision, this thing is cool. this is only the tube that the bearings press in to and is for welding your tire carrier to. uses standard trailer wheel bearings, seals, caps, and stub axles. $10 each

i may start making the stub axle shaft for the tire carrier hinges tonight. i would like to do some testing first...so it may be a while before i put them on the market. let me know if you are interested...they'd be close to the same price as the TSC axle. i may also make some plate with wheel bolt patterns in them for mounting the wheel. what i have in mind would be able to accomodate 5 on 4.5", 5 on 5.5", 6 on 5.5", and 8 on 6.5" wheel bolt patterns in one plate. let me know if you are interested...they'll probably be $10-$20 each

D-ring/Shackle Mounts. similar to the MORE mounts, but they don't have the little ears on them. they are for surface mounting and do not required a slot to be cut in the face of the bumper. $10 per pair ($5 each)...quantity discounts available.

weld-on light tabs/antenae mounts/safety flag mount. have a 0.600" diameter hole for mounting almost any brand of light and antenae. weld them to just about anywhere for just about anything. $3 each NOTE: i have not had any of these made yet.

shipping costs are not included in any of my prices. if you buy a bunch of stuff, i'll discount the price accordingly. the more you buy, the bigger the discount. i should have a PayPal acccount set-up by the end of the week.

email me at [email protected]

pics can be seen here: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...hreadid=325307
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: DIY Fabriction parts for sale

i edited the first post after some recommendations to add a summarized list of parts and prices.

BTT

matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode