4 wheel parts double charged and now ignores me. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

4 wheel parts double charged and now ignores me.

I just need to vent a little!
My new winch had been sitting around since october, so I figured I'd order a mount for it and put it on.
I've said 50 times I'll never by from them again, but they had the best price, so I did (place the order online.)

Happened to look at my credit card account online a couple of hours later, and they've charged me twice for $101.95!!
(only received one conformation number, so I'm nearly positive the order wasn't duplicated)

I immediatly call them, get put on hold, transfered around, etc. for 20 minutes. Finally, I'm told to give them my number and someone from the "internet department" will call back.

Well, two days later, I still hadn't received a call, so I start sending emails. They don't respond to them either. It's now been a week, and they still haven't fixed it.

I'm going to call back tomorrow and give them one last chance before I report them to the Credit Card company for fraud.

I'm gonna say again - NEVER AGAIN!
The mentality of these people amazes me. "As long as we make a sale, screw the customer!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 11:09 PM
jeepfiend

Re: 4 wheel parts double charged and now ignores me.

Thank you for this post. You have reminded what an absolutely terrible retailer they are. I nearly forgotten my last experience with them, and was about to go to their store in Salt Lake. You have reignited my [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]seething hatred [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] of their utter incompetence. I will certainly not be going to their facility after seeing your post. I will just have to stick with MEPCO. MEPCO might cost more, but at least my parts fit, and if they don't fit, MEPCO does what it takes to get it right.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 11:34 PM

I am sorry to hear that so many people have been burned with these guys. I go into their main store in COmpton, Ca when I buy fromt hem. These guys have always done what was right by me. I have had good luck with them so far, Knock on wood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a similar problem awhile ago... I ordered some tube bumpers from them and all of them went bent... [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 05:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Same here with my disc brakes that i ordered i got double charged on my credit card and the only way i new that was that my credit company called to confirm my order for 4 disc brakes. Then i called 4wheel parts and flipped out on them and told them where to stick it and they gave me 10% off on my order for the inconvinance. But i demanded to not be put on hold.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I have said that myself. I have a couple of shops that I will never visit again. The best policy is to not even check their prices. Even if it is cheaper, it won't be worth the slight savings. Stick to your guns and tell them "NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU".

Later,
Tom
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:38 AM
utahjeepr

I hear you, I got burned by 4 wheel parts wholestealers 3 years ago. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] They finally made it right, but it just wasn't worth the "deal" in the long run. I haven't bought a thing from them since, and I haven't had any regrets. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If they were the only place on earth to get parts, I'd quit Jeeping [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Addict

I've not had any bad experiences with 4wheel parts yet (knock on wood) but in other misc credit card foul ups i have discovered the best fix is to write your credit card company with all applicable information and let them do your dirty work........
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:52 AM

call your credit card company.

tell them you were fraudulently charged and the vendor refuses to answer your attempts to make it right.

With something as simple as a SINGLE confirmation and a couple of charges within moments for the exact same amount, it should be cut and dried, but still a PITA.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:11 PM

I just got hosed with my mortage company and bank regarding my last payment. They [email protected]##ed up the electronic transfer and then proceeded to blame each other at my expense. To make a long story short I got online and found the name of the President, CEO, Executive Vice President, and Vice President in charge of Mortages. I finally got ahold of the Exec. VP's seceratary and it looks like the entire thing is being fixed.
It's a shame things like this can't be fixed any other way. I guess my account is flagged now and our name will be mud in that company.
So I guess I'm saying if you can't get satisfaction any other way, then get on the net, do some research and go to the top. Don't forget the old saying, "[email protected] rolls down hill"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode