Buying new TJ but running it past the Board First! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Wrangler88

Buying new TJ but running it past the Board First!

alright guys, i'm buy a TJ, and selling the YJ's, so far ever Tj i've looked at in the cleveland area don't have the Dana 44, and i need it before i go back to school in january so i'm kinda out of luck on that...but heres what i got , 98 TJ sport, 4.0L stick, 30inch tire package witht hose bullet whole rims, Dana 35 yeah i know..full doors soft top, sound bar, 68K looks like its right off the show room floor for $9000, ,is that about right? also its only gonna be running 31's so i'm guessing the D35 will hold up ok.. so let me know good deal or wait..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Buying new TJ but running it past the Board First!

Sounds like a good price to me. 31's will be OK, just don't wail on it a lot, otherwise the D35 may take a crap on you. Mine did at 48K, now with 126K on the TJ it's still doing fine.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 06:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Just wondering why you are getting rid of your YJ? But that TJ sounds nice. And with only 60K on a 4.0 that looks as good as you say it does... 9K sounds like an exellent deal.
But why are you getting rid of you YJ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Wrangler88

yeah the TJ is in really awesome shape, its a pitty its got the D35 tho, well the YJ's got just hit 100K miles, i'm still in college and about 240 miles away from home or so, and as most of you college guys know when your in college your POOR [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and i don't drive home and back that offten, but comming out of college with college loans out the butt and a lift 2.5L YJ with 32's and over 100K if something where to go wrong with it i don't know how to pay for it, so i can almost get the TJ payed off right off the bat, plus i'm selling the YJ to one of my best friends so its not like its leaving that far from home...i just need something more reliable..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

huh... coming out of college with loans and stuff and driving a lifted 2.5L YJ... Huh.

I graduated from college in may of this year. I drive a 4" lifted YJ on 33X12.5s that has 95k on it. My solution to the problem of not knowing what to do if it broke was.... Before I had to start paying my loans back I saved up a small sum of money and got myself a 1988 Jeep Grand Waggie with 167K on it. Now I am paying back those loans... And thinking to myself //// with two jeeps I can drive one while I fix the other right.... Well yes it has worked for me so far. But the point that I am getting at is

GOOD FOR YOU ! Way to keep your head on your sholders and be Jeep Responsible. You are making a smart move, and it will save you a lot of labor in the long run. And keeping the jeep close by selling it to your friend is a good move. GOOD FOR YOU ! You seem to have a good head on your sholders.

however... If I had it to do over would I change anything.. Boy that is a tough question.. I think I might just love my YJ too much to ever get rid of it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 02:54 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Buying new TJ but running it past the Board Fi

Careful though!

I tried the "fix one now, drive the other". It worked well until they both died at the same time. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That's why I have a new TJ![img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Fortunatly, I also have a good job, so I can afford it, but I just don't want to go through that stress again. Good choice in getting a better Jeep.

Fritz
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:19 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I tried the "fix one now, drive the other" as well, and it didn't work for me either.

So I went out and bought a second wheeling rig, now I feel much better.

Of course, now both of them are down, but one only has minor issues, but not minor enough to fix when it's 5 degrees outside, that makes anything "minor" seem "major" in a hurry.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 05:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Yup I hear you there, having two Jeeps is great sometimes, and way stressful most of the time. I long for the day when I can get myself a nice "used" F-250 stroke to daily drive... And maybe tow with. But the lack of money just won't let that happen.... (Yet) But until I find a new job.. I will just keep on turning the wrench. Even in the cold. It sure is a great feeling when you fix something yourself, and it works. And it's cool to have a friend with a truck problem they can't seem to fix... And you say.. Oh yeah, I fixed that about a month a go, bring it over and I'll help you out. I love that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode