I Gave the UPS guy a hernia! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 10:22 PM
JeepSage77

I Gave the UPS guy a hernia!

Well, not really...but i did get a huge shipement of stuff today. When I got home for winter break I opened the garage door and saw:
4 SS LTB 33x13.50's
Superlift 4" Kit
and 3 other boxes from 4WDHardware.. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I ordered all the misc. stuff (drop pitman, SS brake hoses, shock towers, drag link, etc) from 4WD Hardware on Monday and the tires/lift from natltire.com on tues. But the crazy thing is that EVERYTHING showed up on the same truck on the day after my last final exam. I hope I didn't use up all my luck already; the next couple weeks will involve switching to widetrac D44/D30 w/ rear detroit (both getting the gears and locker installed at a shop..should be done by next wednesday), putting in an AGR steering box, and installing all the goods mentioned above. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
So, I'm freakin jacked over here and needed to express my enthusiasm with others who will appreciate it!
Hopefully you won't hear from me too much over the next couple weeks....
And after re-reading that post about Joey's fire, SAFETY is the #1 issue.
Have a great holiday season - my Christmas came a little early this year

Oh yeah, i'll post progress pictures if i can get a hold of a digital cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Official Historian

Re: I Gave the UPS guy a hernia!

If you are switching from a narrow track dana 30 to the widetrack, you are going to use the 6 bolt spindles/hubs/rotors/lockouts aren't you? Or are you going to internal locking hubs?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 07:48 PM
JeepSage77

Re: I Gave the UPS guy a hernia!

I'm keeping the 6 bolt externally locking Warn O.E. hubs from the '77. The parts I'm going to use and have to replace are one of the biggest mysteries yet to be solved. The donor assembly was bare from the spindles out, so I'm not sure how it was originally equipped. I'm hoping that the hubs with the old drum brakes will be compatible with the rotors. Once I start tearing into them it should be quite evident and hopefully not too costly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode