I got SHOP SPACE HAHA! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got SHOP SPACE HAHA!

Well today me and two other buddies got a 25x45 ft Shop with a Bay Brand New! They are building us a bathroom and putting in 220v. Only $125 a month for each of us...! Woo Hoo! Time to get started with some projects... if you need anything stored will do it for a small fee. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: I got SHOP SPACE HAHA!

Right on dood!! I'd kill for a nice shop with a lift or something. Now all you need is someone to work in the shop that knows what they're doing [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
J/K...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 05:26 AM

OK, the real question: how'd you go about finding it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Man I would love to have a nice warm dry place to work. I have spent the last two nights pulling the carb on My Waggie, and replacing vac lines. What a pain in the butt, by the time I get home from work it is dark, and cold. Everything I do is with cold fingers, and a work light.
18Volt Milwaukee Work light is one tuff Turd. That thing is a lifesaver.
I can not wait until the day that I have a place to work on my jeep/s. Waiting on the weather really stinks.
Does your shop have a lift, that would be WAY cool.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Official Historian

Speaking of pulling a carb by the light of a worklight.... Did you remember Joey's experience? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:35 AM
Can't Get Enough

That's cool. Nothing beets a place where you can set stuff and work at your leasure. I've get to use our shop at work, but I have to pick up every night.

Is it 25' deep or wide? I've got plans and a deal on trusses to build a 28' x 48' shop, but the 28 is the depth, and I'm not sure that will be deep enough!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 09:17 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but the 28 is the depth, and I'm not sure that will be deep enough!

[/ QUOTE ]

28' should be fine for Jeeps and cars full size trucks may be a little tight but you could always pull them in and turn them sideways just put your door accordinly.

In the winter I have to sqeeze into a 20x20 for heat and I have a frame on stands and a frame with a body and running gear in there now its tight but nice and cozy with the wood burner. I get spoiled in the summer because I have a 40x90 to work in then and I have plenty of room but in the winter its full of motorhomes, boats, cars, ect. to help pay for those Jeep parts [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Someday I hope to build a shop in the back 30' of the big shed with a lift and all the goodies.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 10:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

My shop is 28x32. I have a CrewCab longbed truck that I park in there. There is plenty of room to walk around it with the door closed. I can fit the truck and 2 jeeps in there easily along with huge wall mounted shelves and work benches. Bigger is always better, but 28x32 works well. If I had to build a new shop I would probably go 32x48. Then I could setup a permanent welding area with metal storage and project space. Did I mention I also have a 1/2 bath in the 28x32 space.

Later,
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 11:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bluesman... driving down the road brand new warehouse w/ bays for lease sign about a mile from my house... a friend of mine called the guy and we signed the lease yesterday. Its 45ft Deep and 25ft Wide... w/ BATHROOM! and we have a gravel parking lot to the side and a privacy fence possibly to hold all our [bleep]. It will park about Four jeeps... But we are having three vehicles in there. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Will what do you mean by
"Joey's Experence" ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode