?? uniroyal tires?? none in search... bad sign - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:21 PM
jeepcreep40

?? uniroyal tires?? none in search... bad sign

I am going to be making a 200 mile round trip from Katy to Texas A&M in a few months. I am going to attend college there and will probabily be making the trip once every month or month and a half. I want a new tire that looks aggressive but wont be bald in two trips. I was looking at the Uniroyal mud tires(mostly because they are inexpensive) and was wondering how they work. Any info on suggestions would be much help. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:45 PM

Re: ?? uniroyal tires?? none in search... bad sign

i ran uniroyal tires on my cj for about 3 years and they still have a ton of tread left mine are a/t they wear like iron if you are gonna run them on the street mostly than i would go with the all terrains rather than the muds
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 09:29 PM
jeepcreep40

Thanks alot! what do you think the life of the mud tires would be in the similar situation. You sound pretty confident in these tires, how much driving did you do on road and did you ever try them off-road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 07:50 PM

usually the aggressive tread tires of any brand tend to wear faster on pavement than the all terain tires but i wheeled the crap out of mine and drove the snot out of it on the street as well the uniroyal tires hold up well
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 08:34 PM

I don't know any one that's run them If you are only driving 200 miles round trip and maybe 1000 miles a month besides the road trips that's only 14400 miles a year and even a set of swampers it's not unrealistic to get 30k out of them on a light jeep so that's a set of tires ever 2 years or so, people get great milage out of bfg muds, 50k is not unheard of. It's realistic to get 30-50k out of a mud, that's about what you would get out of any other tire, how people kill muds is running them on 1 tons that way 10,000 lbs.

BarrelRoll
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 12:43 AM

College station is really flat, the soil is red clay and it can rain alot. do the math..go with the MTs. also look at some Generals.
GIG em.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:49 AM
jeepcreep40

I thank you for the advice. I really dont think that I will be driving that much when in College Station so the only real milage that would put on them would be the trip home. I think I am more worried about my jeep being to make the trip cuz im sure the tires will hold up.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:51 AM
jeepcreep40

How do the generals compair to the uniroyals price wise.
The 35 12.50 15 uniroyal is only about $115.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 08:51 PM

I had a set of the Uniroyal mud tires on my CJ7 and liked them alot. They were 31x10.5R15, were inexpensive, and quiet on the highway. They also did very well offroad, enough so that my wife was able to run in Palo Duro Canyon without much difficulty. I recommend them.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

Seems like you want a mild mud tire. Any of them should last at least 40K on a jeep. I will soon have a set of 33x12.5x15 radial buckshot mudders for sale. I'm going full width with 35s. They have about 4000 miles on them. They are quieter than bfg muds and work good in mud and rocks. Good on the highway too. PM me if you're interested. I'm an Aggie too. If you're looking for a club to go wheeling with, see my sig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode