weber ported vac - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

weber ported vac

i have aweber 32/36 carb on my 258 and was trying to set the timing but found that i still have about 13-14 ins of vacuum on the port that i was told by webers installation guide to hook up my advance line to it is the one under the electric choke. i want to hook it up to zero vac at idle if possible. is there anyplace else to get true ported vac on this carb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: weber ported vac

Try a search on vacuum!! You'll find more than enough to confuse you. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have done a search on all types of vacuum and weber vac itself. what i really need to know is if my 32/36 carb has a true ported vac connection or if i might have something wrong with my carb so that it is not getting ported vac at vac advance port under the electric choke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You've got the right port. Just make sure the engine is fully warmed up and that vac line is capped when setting the timing or tuning the carb, and you'll be fine.

Michael
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 08:59 AM

yep, it is the right port.

Getting a significant vacuum signal from that port at idle is probably a sign that your idle jetting and throttle plate position is not set up correctly.... but as mentioned earlier, you have to set the timing with that port plugged or you get the wrong setting.

Did you have to re-jet the idle at all after you installed the carb? Are you sure that you are not on the fast idle rather than the regular idle?

Best regards

John
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have not rejetted the carb do not know for sure if i need to or not will check on that and see if i am on fast idle cam or not. did not think to check that will do it tonight thanks
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Cap off the vac port , time the engine , then reset the idle and it's mixture . You have to make sure it's on the idle circuit by backing off the speed screw when you adjust the idle mixture screw . If the engine is running correctly, it will idle down to about 300 rpm's with the speed screw backed off . Once lean best idle is acheived, then you can adjust the speed screw . Most engines will require a larger idle jet than provided with the carb from Redline . If there are any off-idle hesitations, go to a larger jet . If you need any, PM me , I have some in stock....
Sarge
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

after having recently installing a fuel pressure reg and dropping my fuel pressure down to 2.5 instead of 5psi i found out i had very high vac at idle on dist advance port. went out and reset my timing to 8 deg btdc backed off speed screw and readjusted mixture screw. ended up 1 3/4 turn out then reset idle speed to 600 rpm. rechecked vac at advance port and it was down to 1 psi or less runs much better today. thanks for all the help.
dirtdevel
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 11:41 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I have no new info, but a vacuum question from "dirtdevil" made me chuckle.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 02:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Great to hear you got it worked out!

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode