lockers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 03:41 PM
dubboy

lockers

Hey everyone. I need some help. I'm looking at putting some lockers on my 90 wrangler. I was looking at the OX Trax Lockers are those any good? Also would air lockers be better. How well would they hold up I mean I dont want to spend all that money on them to have to keep replacing hoses and what not. Thanks for all your help and all.

Wesley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 12:31 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: lockers

You might want to think about an axle upgrade before spending all that hard earned cash on lockers. Its almost a shame to put high $$$ lockers in the wimpy stock axles if you going to do any kind of wheeling at all. Or you may want to try some the "lunchbox" type lockers until you can do an axle upgrade. They will do fine in your stock axles and are much cheaper than the ox or air lockers. For me, there is only one locker, DETROIT! Good luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 05:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I would aggree 100% with the above comment. Don't bother throwing all that money into stock "read Weak" axels. What will probably happen is that as soon as you are locked up and put the power to it you are going to break your stocks. Then you will be out of luck. If you really need a locker then throw a cheap one in the rear. But if you can wait, then save your money for a D44 swap, and put the locker in that. You will never have to look back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 05:47 AM

Im assuming that you have a Dana 35. I also have one, and I wanted a locker, but I didnt want to pay the money for a whole new axle. I got the Superior 35 Kit which came with new stronger axle shafts and a Detroit Locker. I love the Detroit, dont get anything different, atleast for the rear. It only ran about $850 so it doesnt hurt your wallet too much. The Detroit will hold up through just about anything, and its always there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode